HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:41 PM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
515 Posts
Discussion
weird servo stuff

Yesterday after a couple of batts through my Nano it suddenly went into a fit and crashed. No damage as flying over grass but when i got to it the servos were going all over the place, up, down, down, up, up. I pulled out the battery left it for ten mins and tried a fresh battery with the same weird servo glitch.
Any help or suggestions? It has me stumped
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:51 PM
MightyG
Joined Mar 2013
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
Yesterday after a couple of batts through my Nano it suddenly went into a fit and crashed. No damage as flying over grass but when i got to it the servos were going all over the place, up, down, down, up, up. I pulled out the battery left it for ten mins and tried a fresh battery with the same weird servo glitch.
Any help or suggestions? It has me stumped
Unplug the servos's and try them one by one. A short in any one of the servos could cause the others to glitch as well, I've had that experience with my X3V tail servo (but not my Nano...). In the case of my X3V tail servo, the short was in the servo motor itself due to a damaged brush, if you find the same issue in the Nano servo, good luck mending that! They are way smaller!

Servo's are cheap though, so I've stocked up and have 4 more spare ones on the way as I've had to replace 2 so far due to the servo casing melting... I'll have to replace another one soon as my most recent strip down and inspection (due to servo sticking) has revealed the third original servo casing is starting to suffer from the melting case issue! I'm still waiting on the replacement to arrive so in the meantime I've bound the servo in dental floss to try and keep the motor in position!

Good luck!
MightyG is offline Find More Posts by MightyG
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing Ruby
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:00 AM
Joined Jan 2013
515 Posts
Cheers MG - I have a couple of spare servos so I'll check them out
Old Apr 28, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
515 Posts
I tried swapping the servos one by one with new ones and it made no difference. I swapped the board out and that seems to have solved the problem.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 01:26 AM
MightyG
Joined Mar 2013
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
I tried swapping the servos one by one with new ones and it made no difference. I swapped the board out and that seems to have solved the problem.
Jeez, you're having a worse run than me with this little bird! Having the swap out an entire 5in1 receiver...
MightyG is offline Find More Posts by MightyG
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing Ruby
Old May 01, 2013, 07:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyG View Post
Jeez, you're having a worse run than me with this little bird! Having the swap out an entire 5in1 receiver...
I wouldn't say worse - I'm still very much a noob so perhaps my issues would be less if I knew more. They would certainly be less if i crashed less