HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
Discussion
Battery capcity and Cellpro Powerlab 8 V2

I've read the manual but am not clear on whether I can use different battery capacity in pallarel mode with same cell count or it has to be the same capapcity and same cell count? Could anyone pls. clarify. Thank you.
Kittiwat1 is offline Find More Posts by Kittiwat1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:39 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,159 Posts
You can charge different size packs in parallel. However, some combinations work better than others. When evaluating which packs can be parallel charged together do this. As soon as the charge is complete, disconnect all packs from the parallel charging board or harness.

Use a calibrated cell checker, DVM or Powerlab in monitor mode to review the individual cell voltages of each pack. If all packs are within acceptable norms, then you are fine with that combination. If some packs are above 4.2v per call and others are well below that, I would not parallel charge that combination of packs.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:43 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittiwat1 View Post
I've read the manual but am not clear on whether I can use different battery capacity in pallarel mode with same cell count or it has to be the same capapcity and same cell count? Could anyone pls. clarify. Thank you.
Hi:

To answer your other question, when charging in parallel all packs must have the same cell count; otherwise you can damage the packs or even have a fire!

When using Revolectrix Safe Parallel Adapters, the adapters help prevent fires by including resettable, thermal fuses on every cell in every pack. Mounted to each thermal fuse is a temperature label. If this temp label ever turns colors when the pack is hooked up, disconnect things immediately and locate the source of the problem.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks