SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Nov 2006
66 Posts
Help!
PZ Original Ember Brick Help!

Alright guys. As much as I hate bring back old topics, for the life of me I cant figure this out. As soon as I plug the battery into the receiver, the motor goes on full throttle. The control surface servos work fine, just the motor is causing the issue. Yes I did check the forum and it has been covered before (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068821) but I still can't seem to find the crossed solder joint or whatever the issue may be. My terrible soldering skills didn't help the situation but is there a specific joint that causes this issue? I have included a close up of the trouble maker section. (Note the battery wires have been removed and for those with the keen eye, yes I know that the motor is now soldered backwards.)

Thanks!
Jonnyboy
jonnyboy323 is offline Find More Posts by jonnyboy323
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
It looks like one of the ESC FET's is burned (it looks melted). A short may have caused it to burn, but the short could be long gone, now.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Nov 2006
66 Posts
Ouch I would say that is possible. This poor thing has definitely seen better days. Either a short or soldering could have definitely been the cause. I was hoping to use it for a nice little weekend cootie build. Now I just need a project for my pz p-51 brick... Time to explore the forums. Thanks for the reply though!
jonnyboy323 is offline Find More Posts by jonnyboy323