SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
New Product
Team BlackSheep Ritewing Zephyr (ARF Kit)

Team BlackSheep has been working hard the past couple of weeks to finally get this gem to market. The Ritewing Zephyr needs no introduction. The kit we're offering, however, does:

Order information
http://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/product:3

Quick overview
We've sourced all the components that we're using in our Zephyr (list below), and will ship them pre-installed, pre-soldered, pre-connected ... in short: pre-everything. You need to buy a set of batteries, glue together the wing halves, paint and laminate, connect a couple of wires, glue in a couple of pre-mounted components into pre-assigned slots and that's it.

The price for the kit excluding shipping is $1999. Here's what you get for the price:

Code:
$ 200    Ritewing Zephyr (54" wingspan flying wing)
$ 115    Hacker A-30L
$ 150    70A Graupner BRUSHLESS CONTROL ESC
$  20    Aeronaut Propadapter
$  15    10x6 Graupner CAM folding prop
$  40    Team BlackSheep high-strength motor mount
$ 200    Pixim 540TVL camera (PX540, newer generation DX201)
$  50    2.4GHz LawMate - only for export!
$ 220    EzOSD & EzCurrentSensor
$ 120    2x Graupner digital high speed 8kg/cm servos
$ 160    8 ch EzUHF Diversity Receiver
$  20    2x hand-tuned 433MHz Antennas
--       Team BlackSheep RTF low noise wire harness 
$ 129    Team BlackSheep custom filtered powersupply
$  50    Glue, spars, pushrods, clevises, cables
-----
$1489
For the remaining $500 you get a kit where there are no questionmarks. All the cables and harnesses are a perfect fit. Instead of spending a month planning and 2-3 weeks building like the average build on the Zephyr takes, you can build the plane in two evenings and start flying on the third. All the components were chosen by trappy and me, they are guaranteed to outlast even hard abuse.

Order information here:
http://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/product:3

Hope you like it. Looking forward to building these planes for you guys!

Product video:
The TeamBlackSheep Ritewing Zephyr ARF Kit (2 min 30 sec)

Build instructions:
TBS Zephyr Build Instructions (38 min 15 sec)

Cheers,

RiSCyD
RiSCyD is offline Find More Posts by RiSCyD
Last edited by RiSCyD; Apr 29, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:46 AM
UK, Sussex.
Joined Nov 2005
475 Posts

Bargain this'll start them all off again.
ThomasWF is offline Find More Posts by ThomasWF
Last edited by ThomasWF; Feb 22, 2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:01 AM
Luxembourg
Joined May 2009
780 Posts
For someone willing to have a RTF system he must add quite much money.

Ez UHF Tx + Vrx + good antennas etc...

You should add some photos of the kit + infos ( e.g. is the GPS included?)

Paypal charges excluded?? >> Very bad message to the buyers.

You should add it to the ground price because people will have a bad surprise when they realize it.
iacei is offline Find More Posts by iacei
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:03 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
I see that you sell that psu seperately, can you provide us with more detailed information on that? From what i can read it can be used with an 2-6s lipo and has a filtered 12v and 5v output right? Whats its size, and weight? Whats the max current on both of the outputs ?
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
iacei, thanks for the suggestions. There are some photos on the website, we will post more as we process the current orders. GPS is included (it's part of the EzOSD, 10Hz).

If you do not already have the EzUHF (e.g. you own TSLRS or DragonLink), there is an option without the EzUHF available in our shop.

PayPal is not available for orders of this magnitude, as it costs too much for our customers (or for us, whoever foots the bill). We only accept bank transfer at this point. In international wire transfer it's usual for the transmitting bank to impose charges on the person that is sending. These will be very small, between $20 and $40 if you are sending from overseas.

nabazul, 1A for 5V, 300mA for the 12V. It's made for only the purpose of providing power to a 12V camrea and a 5V transmitter. Size and weight will be minimal, about the size of your thumb.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:15 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
nabazul, 1A for 5V, 300mA for the 12V. It's made for only the purpose of providing power to a 12V camrea and a 5V transmitter. Size and weight will be minimal, about the size of your thumb.
Wow thats impressive! And i do not need any additional filtering? Does it emmit noise on 433mhz? Can i theoretically put it right next to an UHF receiver?
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul View Post
Wow thats impressive! And i do not need any additional filtering? Does it emmit noise on 433mhz? Can i theoretically put it right next to an UHF receiver?
This is the stage that we're at right now with this product. Testing on the RF emmissions. We have the luxury of spacing things out on our builds, so RF is not an issue for the Zephyr kits, but before we sell these items individually we want to know how much/how little they emit. The measurement equipment for this is on order.

Trappy has used this PSU for quite some time now on his Zephyr and on the Supra. With the space between EzUHF RX and the PSU in the kit there will be no noise whatsoever to the UHF receivers and video transmitters (latter is more important, imo, as that's where we get our video range from). The 5V output is filtered in multiple levels.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:31 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
It would be nice just to sell a wire harness for the one battery system

One that will work for a 12 volt video.

separate product for sale

edit one that operates with a 3 or 4 cell battery
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
3 Posts
David22, that's exactly what our PSU is the wiring harness is just wires soldered to the PSU.
HappyCamper5 is offline Find More Posts by HappyCamper5
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:56 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
Any plans on selling a PSU that has the reverse current capacities? For example, I have a 12V video Tx and a 5V camera. So my current requirements are exactly opposite.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
PSU stands for what?

I would like to order something that i can solder on to my deans for the one battery 3 or 4 cell and then to the 12 volts video system.

If the PSU is the stuff that goes in between those things, got a link and price for that item?

I would like to order that and try it out

My guess it includes a regulator and some filter? and special proven ferites?

edit it will work down to how many volts and still give out how many volts?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:03 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
PSU = Power Supply Unit

This is their filtered switching power supply. Probably the one Sander has been talking about designing.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:04 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
3 Posts
it all makes or breaks at the current consumption of the 12V system. if your VTx consumes less than 300mA (I think it does? assuming you use a 500mW) then you can use it no problem.
HappyCamper5 is offline Find More Posts by HappyCamper5
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:08 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper5 View Post
it all makes or breaks at the current consumption of the 12V system. if your VTx consumes less than 300mA (I think it does? assuming you use a 500mW) then you can use it no problem.
I'm using the DPCAV.com 900 Pro. Specs say 220mA typical. That's less than I thought it would be. I'll have to measure the current draw on my watt meter to be sure though.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:08 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
dang

my current system consummes about .35 amps

I checked it with a watts up a few weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper5 View Post