HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:31 PM
Joined Sep 2008
5 Posts
Discussion
CX2 Transmitter DC Input Port

Is it possible to run the CX2 Transmitter from a DC power source rather than from batteries?
deburgess is offline Find More Posts by deburgess
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:52 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,305 Posts
Yes........but why would you want to do that?
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:50 PM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
USA, AR, Brookland
Joined Sep 2008
178 Posts
i have tried some rechargeable aa batteries and the result was horrible because of their low voltage output... using good high quality aa batteries (energizer or duracell etc.) they last a really long time so battery usage should not be too much of a problem...
faithalone is offline Find More Posts by faithalone
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:10 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithalone
i have tried some rechargeable aa batteries and the result was horrible because of their low voltage output... using good high quality aa batteries (energizer or duracell etc.) they last a really long time so battery usage should not be too much of a problem...

what? I use rechargeable ni-mh in a lot of TX and have never had a problem. Alkalines drop under load to what the ni-mh read under the same load so how can that be a problem
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:49 PM
Joined Sep 2008
5 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

I use the LP5DSM transmitter to run on a Heli-X simulator on my PC. I would like to plug in a DC adapter for when I practice. I tried to obtain a DC-adapter from Radio Shack with the correct tip polarity. However, the transmitter did not seem to work when the adapter was plugged into the DC port. Has anyone successfully used a LP5DSM transmitter with a DC-adapter?
deburgess is offline Find More Posts by deburgess
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:13 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deburgess
Thanks for your replies.

I use the LP5DSM transmitter to run on a Heli-X simulator on my PC. I would like to plug in a DC adapter for when I practice. I tried to obtain a DC-adapter from Radio Shack with the correct tip polarity. However, the transmitter did not seem to work when the adapter was plugged into the DC port. Has anyone successfully used a LP5DSM transmitter with a DC-adapter?
these charging plugs are wired so that the batteries in the TX only recieve charge current from the TX charge plug with then TX power switch is in the OFF position.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 07:10 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,295 Posts
AS mentionned above, the LP5DSM transmitter plug is ONLY for charging, when you turn it on, it will disable the plug. I have always use NiMH in my LP5DSM and never had a problem & usually last for ever....volt reading from 5.8 on fressh charge down to 4.8 & then I recharge because thats what the manufacturer suggest not going below 4.8 volts....
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip