HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:30 AM
Ottawa,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
55 Posts
adding or retro fitting spoilers to glider / electric glider

I am in the process of retro-fitting an electric glider wing with spoilers. While the process is rather straight forward I would like to explore some different ideas before I start cutting into the already built wing.

It is a smallish wing approx 1.7meter with built up construction and a one piece wing. I want to drive the spoiler(s) with one servo. Mechanically it is pretty straight forward. But just where on the wing chord wise to I put the spoiler(s)? How do I size them in relation to the wings span and area and I suspect just where I put them chord wise?

I recall a few articles in recent (last couple of years) magazines but I'll be darned if I can find them but I will keep looking.

Any thoughts, Ideas?

cheers, Graham in Ottawa Canada
GliderGuider is offline Find More Posts by GliderGuider
to remove ads between posts