HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:50 AM
Estonia, Harju County, Püünsi
Joined May 2013
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hi ristokru, Sorry I missed your post. You are very welcome my Friend. Check those pinions under a lighted magnifier for any burrs near the teeth. They can easily be buffed out with sand paper or a fine file. Careful doing this.

If you plan to make the 4in1 platform a little bigger, be careful not to make it too big. You could run into a problem getting your canopy on. That gyro tape is awesome. Sticks real good. I even put a small strip just behind the 4in1 where it meets the frame.

BTW, the postage was only $1.15. They asked me if I wanted a tracking number for an additional $40.00 Too funny

Mike.
40.00 ??

But still:
BUT still is problem when i fly forward it flys sideways(diagonaly). And if i fly forward it stops and then again same way. If i stop flying forward it tilts back but i think it must stay center.
Maybe needs more weight to nose?
And i think that forward movement is flybar problem?
ristokru is offline Find More Posts by ristokru
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:55 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ristokru View Post
40.00 ??

But still:
BUT still is problem when i fly forward it flys sideways(diagonaly). And if i fly forward it stops and then again same way. If i stop flying forward it tilts back but i think it must stay center.
See if you can post a picture of the servo arms set-up (from the back). Sounds like the push rods could be off a tad, meaning the swash is not level.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Apr 19, 2014, 02:34 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ristokru View Post
40.00 ??

But still:
Porpoising is when the heli goes forward about 10feet (3 meters), stops and levels, goes another 10 feet, etc. Is that what you say it is doing AND going diagonally at the same time? The only cure is dynamite!!
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 19, 2014, 02:42 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,417 Posts
Mike, too windy to fly today.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 03:00 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Mike, too windy to fly today.
Too windy here to. Gonna be like this for the whole week. I hope it dies down enough for you yo maiden that T-28

I've heard nothing but good things on that bird. Good choice

This is the easiest way to check your control surfaces. A child could do it. I pass this vid off quite often.

Mike.
Flite Test - High Five Control Surfaces - FLITE TIP (2 min 35 sec)

Sorry for the OT folks but, what the hay
Last edited by Chap1012; Apr 19, 2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling as usual
Old Apr 19, 2014, 03:33 PM
Estonia, Harju County, Püünsi
Joined May 2013
183 Posts
Quote:
Porpoising is when the heli goes forward about 10feet (3 meters), stops and levels, goes another 10 feet, etc. Is that what you say it is doing AND going diagonally at the same time? The only cure is dynamite!!
Jep,thats the problem. Before it flyed so quick forward but now it have porpoising problem. Badly needs new inner shaft to but only way is to order from Xtreme. But thouse are so expensive and my wallet says no to inner shafts
Do not have the dynamite
Today flyed outside but was to much wind. To me it looked no wind but to lama noooot
ristokru is offline Find More Posts by ristokru
Old Apr 19, 2014, 05:05 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,031 Posts
Risk, you need adjustable weights on your flybar. With some effort, that will fix the fishy action. hahahaha
And you need to adjust your swashplate to fix the direction. Or apply a little right on a stick to fix the flight characteristics. And with a decent tx, you could just dial it out.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:44 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,388 Posts
Quote:
See if you can post a picture of the servo arms set-up (from the back). Sounds like the push rods could be off a tad, meaning the swash is not level.

Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Risk, you need adjustable weights on your flybar. With some effort, that will fix the fishy action. hahahaha
And you need to adjust your swashplate to fix the direction. Or apply a little right on a stick to fix the flight characteristics. And with a decent tx, you could just dial it out.
Lee
That's right! Post that pic Rist

Mike.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,118 Posts
Quote:
AHAHAHAHA! Yep, that would take care of all your problems.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
570 Posts
popoising caused by the flybar can be overcome with more power.. after flying my v4 with 1000mAh battery I will never fly with anything less.. the increased performance is incredible.. its like a completely new bird..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
speed on a coaxial can be obtained by being able to acquire an aggressive angle of attack, over coming the stabilizing effects of the flybar and top rotor.. my v6 is able to get about 20° and hold it without porpoising.. when doing this both rotors are able to pull the heli forward..

full throttle and full forward elevator.. when heli is tilted, the flybar tries to stay level with the ground and can cause porpoising.. but if you have enough power to hold this angle, the flybar normalizes with the rotor.. and stops trying to correct for angle.. this translates to speed..

on my v4 when I added a 20g heavier 1000mAh battery, it changed the geometry increasing the pendulum effect, this helps it to acquire extreme angle to the ground when doing maneuvers.. with extra weight and power when changing directions inertia swings the tail really high, once an angle close to 45° is obtained I apply full throttle and forward elevator, it will hold this angle in horizontal flight and achieve very high speed.. this should not be tried without an extended center shaft as it will cause blade strikes... I haven't been able to do this to this extent with the v6 yet, but still working on it..

my v4 acquiring angle...
sorry if this is redundant I have shown these before, but there are fixes for poroising.. I am able to fly 10' from my work bench, which means, I can fly put it on the bench make adjustments and continue flying several times through the course of one battery..

shark lama v6 (1 min 33 sec)

practicing getting angle for speed...

my v4 is going through a rebuild at present, installing fireball motors, new 4-in-1 and other things..
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Yesterday at 05:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,388 Posts
Hey 5-0, you want speed? Get this swash for greater angle:
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...4_p/esl034.htm

I can't tell what kind of servos you have BUT, if those arms you have on there now, fits an Esky servo then, these are a must to pair together with the Xtreme swash. Dude, you need longer servo arms:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...FUVp7Aodzj0AwQ

There's enough for two pairs

This is my set-up on my V4. Trust me...she screams. Her name is "Amelia". Do a "Amelia" on search this thread.

Mike.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
570 Posts
that's one of the parts I'm waiting for.. but when you can get extreme angle you don't need longer servo arm the real trick is more power.. its like getting a turbo charger..
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
that's one of the parts I'm waiting for.. but when you can get extreme angle you don't need longer servo arm the real trick is more power.. its like getting a turbo charger..
Sorry to disagree. Longer servo arms give the swash more throw (angle of attack). I fly 750mah 20C Rhino's. Quite frankly...never mind

Mike
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
570 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to disagree. Longer servo arms give the swash more throw (angle of attack). I fly 750mah 20C Rhino's. Quite frankly...never mind

Mike
you are right longer arms do give you more throw.. but when you have more power you get a whole lot more response from any type of movement.. I use 1000mAh 20c with 35c burst which is partly why I am using a lama-5 4-in-1 it is designed to handle more power..

if you don't have enough power to overcome the flybar your heli will porpoise..
Last edited by mihcmac; Yesterday at 11:14 PM.
Old Today, 06:03 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,417 Posts
I guess I don't get the 1000mah battery deal. If you want more power from the battery, you have to go 3 cells instead of 2. All you've done is add weight and enough power to stay in the air longer. That being said, the porpoising we're talking about is flying straight and level. I have a good 150 feet behind my house and flying away or toward myself, the silly thing will only fly 10 ft before it stops and sits there, 10 more feet, etc.