HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2005, 08:51 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Did anyone here receive flowers?

This may seem way off topic and irrelevant but moderators; please bear with me.. Someone in this forum recently had a tragedy and a bunch of us chipped in for sympathy flowers.. We have not heard from the recipient and are very concerned for his well being and state of mind following his tragic loss....
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2005, 03:03 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
That's odd.. FTD website says they were delivered Wed... Maybe this member is too devastated from his loss to post...
Old Jul 22, 2005, 05:30 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,278 Posts
Consider one other possibility, perhaps this person doesn't want to speak about this in public.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:02 PM
I hole jumped him!!!
Amarillo Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2001
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG
Consider one other possibility, perhaps this person doesn't want to speak about this in public.
Why not speak about it? Surely this person must have experienced heartfelt feelings of deep warm fuzzies to his very core when realizing how much sympathy some had for his loss.

One just has to wonder what his wife might've thought that her husband is receiving flowers from a bunch of other guys. (assuming this person is married of course.)
Lance is offline Find More Posts by Lance
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:10 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,287 Posts
Did the card say anything about "rest in pieces"?

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:47 PM
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Feb 2003
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
This may seem way off topic and irrelevant but moderators; please bear with me.. Someone in this forum recently had a tragedy and a bunch of us chipped in for sympathy flowers.. We have not heard from the recipient and are very concerned for his well being and state of mind following his tragic loss....
Yes, and they are beautiful.

Now this was too flipping funny. For starters, we apply the don't ask don't tell policy in my house. Although I know what my wife's items run up to, she equally knows mine. We just try to remain low key with our purchases. As such, when the RW2 when down, I did not say anything. Even its replacement went unnoticed when I brought it home Wednesday evening and hung it from the very spot where the RW2 was (they all look the same to her). Yet when we came home from work on Thursday there was this bouquet of flowers on the porch. She gleefully picks it up, reads the card, turns to me and said, "it is addressed to you, did someone die?" Not having a clue what she was talking about I read the card and had about 1 second to come up with a believable story. "Honey, I had a glitch w/ that new plane from Europe and it went in over the weekend. This is from the guys on the threads. They are just razzing me." She doesn't/can't believe a bunch of guys would mail flowers over an airplane until she recognizes a few of the F5B phases in the card. "The one you have been working on every night instead of finishing the basement?" "Yep, that is the one. But it was nothing, just set me back a few days. "

You know who you are. Thanks for thinking of me.
down_shift is offline Find More Posts by down_shift
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:50 PM
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Feb 2003
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneu
Did the card say anything about "rest in pieces"?

Steve
I have this little transparent blue box. You better watch out where I might stuff it in a few weeks.
down_shift is offline Find More Posts by down_shift
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:52 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,675 Posts
For maximum effect they should have been sent to the job...

Office worker, "Hey Russ, you got flower from the wife."
Russ, "No they were sent by some guys who fly F5B."
"F-who?"
"errr..... never mind"

Repeat when Russ get's home...
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:45 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
The name of the bouquet was "it's your sunny day"... I thought that was quite appropriate....Of course there was a lot of debating amongst the contributors as to what to get you Russ.. Someone wanted to send you 16 new IB cells, another, a Neu motor, yet another a receiver. etc. etc.. No-one could come to an agreement, so we just sent flowers.. Make sure to keep them watered and out of the sun so they last a few days
Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:59 PM
I hole jumped him!!!
Amarillo Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2001
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
so we just sent flowers.. Make sure to keep them watered and out of the sun so they last a few days
And if you are going to fly them then please do a thorough range check...and be sure to test the floral receiver with a heat gun and do all sort of other weird crazy stuff we've never thought up before to ensure a successful outing.
Lance is offline Find More Posts by Lance
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:24 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Feb 2005
105 Posts
Was it a bouquet of Venus FLY Traps?
FlightAddict is offline Find More Posts by FlightAddict
Old Jul 23, 2005, 04:54 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
We were hoping that each time you look at the flowers, you will remember the RW2.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 08:57 AM
Ain't Dutch? Ain't Mutch!
Southampton, UK
Joined Oct 2001
3,384 Posts
You guy's are crual! Brutal! But funny
Kimble_Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Kimble_Schmitz