HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Dec 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnst2 View Post
also,
I'll using 5s.
what would be a pinion of choice? to acquire an acceptable headspeed.
sorry for the noobness questions.
thanks.
Your 1110KV motor will work fine with the 5S pack using a 9T pinion for a scale friendly rotor speeds between 1400 and 1600.
Cyclick is offline Find More Posts by Cyclick
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2014, 02:27 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2009
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclick View Post
Your 1110KV motor will work fine with the 5S pack using a 9T pinion for a scale friendly rotor speeds between 1400 and 1600.
thanks Cyclick!

@Fr4......sorry for the threadjack.
rnst2 is offline Find More Posts by rnst2
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
United States, PA, Warren
Joined Dec 2013
270 Posts
I have one of these Real Deal Swift Jet Ranger kits that I've had to put on the back burner for awhile maybe someone here can help me out.

I've built the heli but can't bring myself to mount it to the gorgous scale fuse yet due to an odd vibration I get at very low RPM on spool up and spool down. I have about 10 - 15 flights on the heli trying to work the bug out of it. I'm at a total loss as to what could be causing it.

I've checked and re-checked all the obvious culprits. At hover the heli is smooth as silk. I put it away early in the 2013 flying season and haven't touched it in close to a year.

Any help would be appreciated.
MIGPILOT44 is offline Find More Posts by MIGPILOT44
Old Today, 12:20 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
939 Posts
could be the main blades swing out of line at startup. centrifical force will realign them when hover speed is attained..
prop bender is online now Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Today, 04:27 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,092 Posts
Try different groundsurfaces to spool up on...

Some of my helicopters flew fine from grass or soil but were a b*tch to spool up on concrete or Asphalt....

And the "springiness" of the landing gear/skids have a marked influence too.

One of my flying buddies is allready flying close to a year with a 450 size Airwolf, but suddenly it seemed it would not get past this critical RPM, flying indoor in a sporting hall. But when the helicopter was placed on a simple towel, it would spool up without even a visible vibration....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967