HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:21 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Sweet, ive also got 6 lipos for mine that i havent even broken in yet!!! Are you free any weekdays or will just weekends be the go?[/QUOTE]

Weekday's or weekends anytime is good mate, i work from home & am only 5mins from the park.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:56 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,233 Posts
Awesome!

I've got shedloads of time considering I'm on permanent sick leave as I'm being medically discharged from the Army after 17 years.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:44 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Awesome!

I've got shedloads of time considering I'm on permanent sick leave as I'm being medically discharged from the Army after 17 years.
Ok cool, check with your mate to see when he is free & we will work out a day, will be good fun having 3 bikes running my bro inlaw is getting one soon as well.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:03 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,454 Posts
Hi all,

Ordered two of these Razor ramps. I'll join them side to side to make a wider one. These will probably let me practice backflips without going crazy high. I'll be able to control jump altitude with the speed of the bike. I think I can work them out so I can attach the bike and Tx on the underside and make a slot as a handle so they serve as a carrying case. Total width using both is about 24" (610mm).

Here is the link:

http://www.zappos.com/razor-punk-ramp-one-color#prdInfo

What do you think guys?

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Last edited by davehour; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:28 AM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi all,

Ordered two of these Razor ramps. I'll join them side to side to make a wider one. These will probably let me practice backflips without going crazy high. I'll be able to control jump altitude with the speed of the bike. I think I can work them out so I can attach the bike and Tx on the underside and make a slot as a handle so they serve as a carrying case. Total width using both is about 24" (610mm).

Here is the link:

What do you think guys?

David
Yep! Pat brings six of those ramps out for us to play on. They seem to have the perfect parabola shape for these little bikes.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:48 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Here is the link:

What do you think guys?

David
Jump as high as you need to, but have a correspondingly high landing ramp or platform to ease the landing impact:

00119 Edit Atomic RC MM450 MY BASEMENT MOTOCROSS (2 min 49 sec)
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:11 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Yep! Pat brings six of those ramps out for us to play on. They seem to have the perfect parabola shape for these little bikes.
Great, thanks!

Are you able to do backflips with it?

How high you can go with them?

David
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:13 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Jump as high as you need to, but have a correspondingly high landing ramp or platform to ease the landing impact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6uyLgSyZ4Y
Yes, that would be the correct way. The only problem I see is to have a ramp big enough to spottily land when doing big airs.

David
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Anybody using a metal front sprocket? BTW this is my first post here.
Runner11 is offline Find More Posts by Runner11
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:33 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that would be the correct way. The only problem I see is to have a ramp big enough to spottily land when doing big airs.

David
Drive safely then lollol.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:37 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner11 View Post
Anybody using a metal front sprocket? BTW this is my first post here.
What is yours made from. ????
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
David that sounds fairly std to me, not too bad. I think its more bearing noise than vibration. The bearings can be noisy, I spray mine clean of the grease with solvent and lube with a adhesive chain and bearing spray called Tac 2. It's really tacky great lube and makes them quieter and last tonnes longer.
Chris
I think you are 100% correct regarding the gyro noise
Have been doing a bit of work balancing the flywheel assisted by an aero mechanic who was able to dynanic balance but only to 10,000 RPM
To give Atomic some credit I think the basic steel section is pretty accurate .
The problem comes when attaching the magnet sections hence the some appear ok and others need attention
Fitted a set of SKF bearings and reduction in the rumbling sound was very noticable
Just need to be aware that with rubber seals the rated RPM is reduced to 20,000 compared to 30,000 for metal shields .Am told the friction heats up the rubber contact area ,hardens it and reduces the seal effect
Price is a big factor so perhaps replacing the Chinese sourced bearing on a regular basis is the way to go
Static balancing is essential to reduce as much vibration as possible since that is an arch enemy of any bearing regardless of place of manufacture
Disregarding of the price factor part ceramc bearings are fine for high RPM static applications but not the best for impact load situations experianced in jumping etc as the balls can shatter .
Fully ceramic are a non starter mainly due to pricing but also the outer ring is not designed to fit into an interferiance fit situation so can crack and again the impact load issue

cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,233 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Here is the link:

What do you think guys?

David
Hey David,

If it were me, I'd buy 3 of them using 2 for a down landing and one to launch off. First I'd measure roughly where the bike will land off the jump ramp and place the two down landing ramps close to that position so you can get some really cool scale type of jumps going!

Cheers!!!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:21 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6uyLgSyZ4Y
Hey dude, are you running knobbies in that video or motard tyres???
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:38 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hey dude, are you running knobbies in that video or motard tyres???
motards, I was shreading the knobby too fast!