HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,519 Posts
The Master out of box flys fine. If you have some flying on smaller c/p it will be easy. She will lift off with ease and very stable. Plus the sounds will get you blood flowing. This thread has alot of good info.
New flyers to c/p with some heli experience should be ok. Just respect this heli as pretty powerful for its size.
The stock servos do and will strip way to easy. If you just say hey I'm good flyer I don't need them ...ok find out later. With WK 7-6-9's good to go. Bl upgrade even better/ plus there is a yellow canopy available from Bang good. Some trim paint on tail/ blades/ makes bird easy to tell direction its going. Thid heli is good step up from Super c/p/ Mini c/p etc. Parts are cheap and very easy heli to work on. good luck and enjoy.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:35 AM
Joined Mar 2014
272 Posts
Good to know. Thanks, Roland.

Have any of you had to adjust the Blade tracking?

I was getting a wobbling with training skid on, so I adjusted the Blade tracking.

That fixed the wobble mostly but it seems to come back near the end of the battery... I am wondering if the training skids actually cause the wobble as they are 450 sized training skids.
mattjk is online now Find More Posts by mattjk
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:33 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,519 Posts
FWIW.. traing skids and FBL gyros don't play well. your bird do as you may.
Shaking/ wobbles/ vibes means something is bent.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:37 PM
Joined Mar 2014
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
that's what I was thinking... sometimes its smooth as butter... then sometimes it will wobble. I'm sure it's the skids. thanks
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:44 PM
Joined Mar 2014
272 Posts
I just bought an Align 250 sized MD500e fuselage... going to try to install on the Master Cp.

Anyone tried this already?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:59 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
Hi, really appreciate everyone's input on this forum, it has helped me a whole lot since I got my master cp a couple of months ago.

This is my first cp heli after having the usual s107g/v911/v912 heli's and it is a joy to own.

I have been getting used yo flying it and only had one major stack which was due to orientation, so please be careful you know where you're throwing it lol.

I replaced a feathering shaft, main shaft, main gear & rail boom plus the 3 mg servos I bought on the advice from you lot.

I have since managed not to crash it, despite flying around 30 odd packs through it!

And today, hence this post I am extremely chuffed to announce I did my first successful inverted flight!

I owe that to whoever suggested to get a sim, which I did and can honestly say that if I didn't have it to practice, I would have without a shadow of a doubt used up a lot of my spare parts, so thanks.

Thanks again everyone for the interesting reading, and happy flying
oldbillbailey is offline Find More Posts by oldbillbailey
Old Apr 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,519 Posts
Well Billy good for you..Brovo. Real life and sim are way to go. Master is pretty decent heli if used for its intent. Align 250DFC/ Gaui X-2 fly better but 3---5X more expensive. Depends on what you want.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 03:09 PM
Never let it down
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Oct 2013
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjk View Post
I just bought an Align 250 sized MD500e fuselage... going to try to install on the Master Cp.

Anyone tried this already?
I saw a thread on helifreaks of a member who put this fuse on the mcp, but sorry, can't remember which forum exactly : either the scale part, or the master cp part
but it seemed not too difficult for him, he did it quickly. The only issue was to cut the tail part to fit the AC motor (which is strangely mounted on the mcp), and to fix rear part of the tail.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and a recent member of rcg. I have received mine a couple of days, but didn't find the time yet to try it. And I don't want to go too fast, I have first to improve my skills on the Hisky HCP80, a very nice clone of the nano cpx (clone is restrictive, as it is a pure easy fun flyer, really good bird).
My MCP arrived already BL (as I want to scale it later) and with the MG servos (from RC711), and I will really soon be ready to fly it, I am sooo impatient

So I will soon join your community. Many many thanks all for this thread and your testimonials, it is really helpfull. I have read almost all the pages, and now I know my bird even before I have tried it. Thanks again
Pachapapa is offline Find More Posts by Pachapapa
Old Apr 19, 2014, 01:57 AM
Joined Mar 2014
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachapapa View Post
I saw a thread on helifreaks of a member who put this fuse on the mcp, but sorry, can't remember which forum exactly : either the scale part, or the master cp part
but it seemed not too difficult for him, he did it quickly. The only issue was to cut the tail part to fit the AC motor (which is strangely mounted on the mcp), and to fix rear part of the tail.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and a recent member of rcg. I have received mine a couple of days, but didn't find the time yet to try it. And I don't want to go too fast, I have first to improve my skills on the Hisky HCP80, a very nice clone of the nano cpx (clone is restrictive, as it is a pure easy fun flyer, really good bird).
My MCP arrived already BL (as I want to scale it later) and with the MG servos (from RC711), and I will really soon be ready to fly it, I am sooo impatient

So I will soon join your community. Many many thanks all for this thread and your testimonials, it is really helpfull. I have read almost all the pages, and now I know my bird even before I have tried it. Thanks again
Thanks for your reply. I just put an MD500e fuselage on my hk450, so now I'm hooked on the scale thing.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 01:57 AM
Joined Mar 2014
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I went ahead and took off the skids and flew it 3 times today. Wobble is gone!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:56 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
576 Posts
What's the story with the Xtreme upgrades for this?

The auto-rotation gear seems pointless as it's a chore to auto a 450, so can't see it even being possible on this 200.

The swash seems like a worthwhile upgrade, but nowhere seems to have it in stock.

How are the Xtreme blade grips?
ZeRoEXPO is online now Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:39 AM
Build more, websurf less
Long Valley, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,651 Posts
Flown stock it is good for practice autorotation approaches only. You can slow down the throttle and glide her down, but if you go too slow the tail stops. Doing a real auto is probably out of the question.
FlyingW is offline Find More Posts by FlyingW
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Feb 2014
21 Posts
For the love of god, why doesn't my subtrim work. I've tried setting the gyro below 50% to enter testing mode. When I switch gyro back to normal the servo looks good. Then when I switch off the copter and tx and turn it back on it doesn't remember anything. I have to repeat the process. I've tried for an hour different ways of adjusting subtrim and nothing works. I'm about to chuck this heli into the river. Please help
Stuuu is online now Find More Posts by Stuuu
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
United States, CA, Chowchilla
Joined Aug 2009
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuu View Post
For the love of god, why doesn't my subtrim work. I've tried setting the gyro below 50% to enter testing mode. When I switch gyro back to normal the servo looks good. Then when I switch off the copter and tx and turn it back on it doesn't remember anything. I have to repeat the process. I've tried for an hour different ways of adjusting subtrim and nothing works. I'm about to chuck this heli into the river. Please help
Subtrim does not work on fbl helis. When it comes to the walkers master cp, just try to get the horns 90 as possible. I say as possible because well, they won't be perfect.
helikido is offline Find More Posts by helikido