HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:41 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
That's some nice flippin' action! Going to have to play with my rates now
Yes, do play with your rates and travel adjust! Flying acro with your Ladybird is "quite rewarding" plus it adds that rare value to a great flying micro quad that not one of the "many clones released daily" posess.

@IndyMatt I would buy and mod a V939 frame or (I just read but forgot) another clone frame that needed no modding, and both are stronger than the stock Ladybird frame. I think I read about the alternate LB frames from the Micro RTF Quadcopters thread... more help/info would be available there, as I forget the original poster's names I got the info from too.....
(must be all the iron content in my brain... it's gettn rusty!)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:53 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
278 Posts
Ladybird V1, mounting remote controlled Plug and Play video camera/single shoot camera.

-Video camera MJX C4003 (Banggood 17$) is easy to use with LB V1 and can be controlled by the "HOLD" switch on Devo 7E transmitter.

-Camera unit fits nice beneath the battery tray with 2 mm ground clearance (use double sided tejp or glue).

-Connect cameras 3 lead wire plug to socket "1" on the LB board. Then the camera is voltage feed from ordinary LB battery, and also remote controlled from LB board.

-Use transmitters "HOLD" switch for remote controlling camera ON/OFF. "HOLD "1" camera on, "HOLD "0" camera off.

-LB total weight with video camera and ordinary 8 gram battery is 40 gram.
-Flight time when video on is 6 minutes.
-LB with camera is weary stable if wind is not to heavy.
-If camera is in single picture mode, one picture is shoot every time the "HOLD" switch alters position.
-Socket "1" can also be used for other remote controlled tasks. Uppermost pin gives out logical "0" or "1" depending on "HOLD" switch position. Middle pin is plus feeding. Bottom pin is minus feeding.

For pictures, see my blog. Socket "1" position is shown in post 684.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,605 Posts
Here's my light setup. I got the lights at LHS - they were eflite branded, didn't say what they were for.
I just soldered them together, and soldered on a small plug. I use a 30mah cell. The batt weighs 1.2g, the lights weigh 2.1g for a total of 3.3g's. Lights last a while on a charge and are very bright. Ladybird flies well with the extra weight.

I tried tapping in to board's power and they just weren't bright enough.

It's not the neatest job, but it works

I'm also using the 9imod DSM board and my DX8
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:45 AM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
355 Posts
Excuse me while I put on my sunglasses.

Quote:
I tried tapping in to board's power and they just weren't bright enough.
At the battery solder points on the board ?
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:02 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,605 Posts
I did not try direct solder.. I tried going in to that spare plug.. Didn't even think to try soldering to battery leads. I shall give it a go, thanks for idea!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:45 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I did not try direct solder.. I tried going in to that spare plug.. Didn't even think to try soldering to battery leads. I shall give it a go, thanks for idea!
I set mine up so I could plug / unplug them. I bought a set of 6" E-Flite extension cables and just used the male plug and female socket, cut off and resoldered. That's where I attached my female plug, directly to the solder points that the battery cable is attached to. Male plug went on the end of my LED set-up. Take a few minutes though and plan the length and routing before you just heat up the iron and melt tin. I ended up re-doing mine once.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Ladybird V1, mounting remote controlled Plug and Play video camera/single shoot camera.

-Video camera MJX C4003 (Banggood 17$) is easy to use with LB V1 and can be controlled by the "HOLD" switch on Devo 7E transmitter.

-Camera unit fits nice beneath the battery tray with 2 mm ground clearance (use double sided tejp or glue).

-Connect cameras 3 lead wire plug to socket "1" on the LB board. Then the camera is voltage feed from ordinary LB battery, and also remote controlled from LB board.

-Use transmitters "HOLD" switch for remote controlling camera ON/OFF. "HOLD "1" camera on, "HOLD "0" camera off.

-If camera is in single picture mode, one picture is shoot every time the "HOLD" switch alters position.
-Socket "1" can also be used for other remote controlled tasks. Uppermost pin gives out logical "0" or "1" depending on "HOLD" switch position. Middle pin is plus feeding. Bottom pin is minus feeding.

Nice Stenk...how about some video of it in action
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
278 Posts
BD Mur, Then I have to learn how to upload video to the Tube.

LB+C4003 camera produces quit good movies.

Stable picture unless when fast descending, then the picture wobbles.

Best result when flying slowly, and yawing weary slowly.
The camera depends on good daylight.
Tested in rainy dawn and the result was dark and dull.
1GB memory card is enough for one flight.

For the small cost, the result is quite good.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:59 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Stenk, that's very neat. I may have to order on eof those cameras in my next banggood order to play with. Didn't know it could be controlled through that plug either. Very nice indeed!
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:26 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Good morning y'all,

I got a light set from 1Hammer a little while ago. It's been awesome, but my old Ladybird has been giving me issues lately. Last night, I got together with fellow rcg'er TravisMCH, and filmed a short flight just after dusk. At the end, you can see the new cartwheel manuver I've been working on. LOL. Unfortunately, it sheared one of the motors right off! The light set has been great, and it's easiest to fly it pitch blackness!
Walkera Ladybird with 1Hammer's 8 LED set installed! (0 min 34 sec)

I had a really weird thing happen while all this was going on that I wanted to mention. I've been playing with different angles and things at which to shine the leds. I've been mounting small pieces of reflective tape to the sides of the motors, but yesterday, I decided to mount a bigger piece of reflective tape, basically covering the entire motor on both sides. Let's say it was like a 0.5 X 0.5 X 0.5 inch square on each side of each leg. After a few seconds of flying, it was oddly apparent that the model had NO left rudder. It would rudder to the right all day (night), but not to the left. If I held the model in my hand, spun it up, and worked rudder, I could hear motors slowing down and speeding up while ruddering in both directions--but in flight, no left rudder. I pulled all the tape off, and it was better! It still wasn't 100% perfect, so I can't rule out that there wasn't something else going on, but I did the little cartwheel and broke off the motor before I could test further. Hmmm.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:52 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post

Thanks for the info and "incentive" to try it again.... I tried to use the TH Hold switch to turn on/off my new LEDs on my new Ladybird last summer when I saw a couple of ppl using it with success, It didn't work for me though. I wasn't bummed because even in daytime-flying LEDs are really really great for quick-checking LB orientation... but I'd like to get it working finally! lol
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:12 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
278 Posts
The uppermost pin in socket"1" on the board is a logical output, and can only handle small amount of current (my guess is <10mA). But it is possible to connect a small transistor that takes care of larger currents for feeding a lot of LEDs.

I have planed to construct a switchable search light, I let you now when it is done.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:17 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Good morning y'all,

I got a light set from 1Hammer a little while ago. It's been awesome, but my old Ladybird has been giving me issues lately. Last night, I got together with fellow rcg'er TravisMCH, and filmed a short flight just after dusk. At the end, you can see the new cartwheel manuver I've been working on. LOL. Unfortunately, it sheared one of the motors right off! The light set has been great, and it's easiest to fly it pitch blackness!

I had a really weird thing happen while all this was going on that I wanted to mention. I've been playing with different angles and things at which to shine the leds. I've been mounting small pieces of reflective tape to the sides of the motors, but yesterday, I decided to mount a bigger piece of reflective tape, basically covering the entire motor on both sides. Let's say it was like a 0.5 X 0.5 X 0.5 inch square on each side of each leg. After a few seconds of flying, it was oddly apparent that the model had NO left rudder. It would rudder to the right all day (night), but not to the left. If I held the model in my hand, spun it up, and worked rudder, I could hear motors slowing down and speeding up while ruddering in both directions--but in flight, no left rudder. I pulled all the tape off, and it was better! It still wasn't 100% perfect, so I can't rule out that there wasn't something else going on, but I did the little cartwheel and broke off the motor before I could test further. Hmmm.

Rafa
G'day Rafa, give my regards to flyingbuddy Travis, that reminds me... I have to getoffmybutt and replace the mainshaft on my V100 and get her flying again.
Are you both flying quads now too? they really are Versatile Fun and low maintenance!

It sounds like there might've been some foreign-matter affecting the motor/shaft responsible for Left Yaw... maybe some tape/hair/lint? making the LB not respond to left Yaw with any gusto....

Great and Bright LEDs 1H makes... post Op. must've been positive if he's making kits again , I'll have to contact him again for an LED kit.

Nice cartwheel btw just wait until you do cartwheels with KK2 class quads... bigger=more spectacular=more Fun!
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Hey Rafa nice cartwheel...before the snow arrived my latest skill learned centered around crashing into trees
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Heres my ladybird QR v1 video, using keychain 808

LADYBIRD1 (3 min 10 sec)
mezanu is offline Find More Posts by mezanu