HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:45 AM
wiseguy313
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Personal info). It is temporarily hidden while wiseguy313 edits it.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
6,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy313 View Post
Great salesmanship, I would not let it bother you to much. It has been my experience over the past year and half that 80% of the people here on Rc groups are very rude. I would expect it from my fellow Americans as most of us are but I have been called a scam artist on top of some things I would not repeat. It bothers Me allot as I have Been criticized 30+ yrs of my life for my passion and determination to bring RC into everyday services form Safely performing dangerous task to saving lives. It is something that has caused me 7 homes 1 wife and my entire family has classified me as a looser. Well now my Technology and UAS company is doing well and I can only give thanx to God and Myself as friends, family,"fellow Hobbiest?" and rc groups users have still not acknowledged that Despite all odds I have fallowed my dreams and shared this Awesome hobby with hundreds of people along with what I most prod of>Design Equipment that is saving lives. Keep up the great work because after all= at the end of the day they need you and don't even know it. Happy Holidays and God Bless the Few of You out there that are Professional and Have a Soul And watch the reply's, I'm sure someone will prove my point
WHAT IS THIS ?

I think the original post that is months old ... was already something way off topic.

Plus the guy, hopeful due to bad English mark his "customer" as GAY

Not happy with it, it fully disclose on internet the fully address of the guy

I don't know what is the point here ...

Post can fail to deliver same packages (even if it does not happen that often in my case, never had a single missing package from over 100 from HobbyKing for give and example) ... as well ... some chinese people may add some "fuzziness" due to a poor English knowledge

Anyhow ... my experience on eBay from multiple buy from china, prove me that the biggest percentage of seller from china are reliable (but the china QC production not always) ... if I'm not wrong it is a big shame in china and most of asia to take a payment and trick the customer with not sending the item ... so ... my experience tell me that 99.99% of cases is some issue with the post system

Back to RC topic ... since 99.99% of RC production has been outsourced or production is made in china ... now the RC hobby is much less expensive then years ago
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Hi, guys!

Look my new project: FUTABA 7C FASST 2.4Ghz with 2W booster

FUTABA 7C 2.4Ghz FASST with 2W booster. (1 min 23 sec)

Hope you enjoy it!
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:16 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
I was going to use PASSTHRU mode to trim my ACC and but when I uploaded the newest SHARED multiwii software to my board, the PASSTHRU option is not available to be selected anymore - it shows multiwii version 213 in the multiwee.ino file, where as the other version I originally had used showed multiwii version 210.

Looks like the 213 version only has the passthru option for fixed wing?

Anyone know? Can I just use the other multiwii.ino file with the new shared ino files?

More...found this info:
"starting with code revision 1275 the passthrough switch has been replaced with a separate Calib switch"

but where is the Calib switch and does it work the same as the passthru instructions for trimming?
http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.p...dit&section=30
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Last edited by Flying By; Dec 15, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
shredding the skies
Wet Coast Canada
Joined May 2005
346 Posts
I have my crius board operating pretty good on 2.0. Except that it won't hold it's heading. When I center the yaw stick, it will continue to rotate (more on one side than the other). I have moved the yaw P from 4 to 10 with no diffefence and have upped the yaw I with no difference. Can anyone suggest what to try next?

I am using the led stick config as both FTDI USB boards seem to have died. I got about 6 or 7 uses out of each, then the config program fails to see them.

thanks in advance
boardman is online now Find More Posts by boardman
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Hi I am a newcomer to the group and have been looking through the thread in the hope of finding some answers to a strange problem with a new build.

The build is a Crius SE board with V2.1 loaded for a Hex X configuration on a DJI 550 frame and as I am using a standard receiver D5 and D6 are using A0 and A1 (this is set in the define).

The board is arming correctly but when throttle is applied only motors 3,6 and 11 are starting initially with the others coming in as more throttle is applied but not all together. If you try to take off it will initially try to take off and the back the power off bringing it back down this then repeats doing short 4 inch high jumps.

The strange thing is that the motor status in Muntiwiiconf shows exactly the same suggesting that it is something set in the configuration that is causing the problem, I have been through it many times and can't see where the problem is.

So does anyone have any ideas.
Astrodev is offline Find More Posts by Astrodev
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodev View Post
Hi I am a newcomer to the group and have been looking through the thread in the hope of finding some answers to a strange problem with a new build.

The build is a Crius SE board with V2.1 loaded for a Hex X configuration on a DJI 550 frame and as I am using a standard receiver D5 and D6 are using A0 and A1 (this is set in the define).

The board is arming correctly but when throttle is applied only motors 3,6 and 11 are starting initially with the others coming in as more throttle is applied but not all together. If you try to take off it will initially try to take off and the back the power off bringing it back down this then repeats doing short 4 inch high jumps.

The strange thing is that the motor status in Muntiwiiconf shows exactly the same suggesting that it is something set in the configuration that is causing the problem, I have been through it many times and can't see where the problem is.

So does anyone have any ideas.
Hi!

I had a hexacopter with same configuration and works well. All motors was starting together. Well...try to calibrate the ESCs again!!

Now I'm using a PPM converter in my hexa because I connected a GIMBAL in the A0 and A1 channels.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
I can't see that it is the ESC calibration as the config screen display of the output to the motors is the same as the motor responses.

It looks like the ESC's and the motors are doing exactly what they are told to, which make me think that it is something in the changes I have made in the config file, I am sure that I am missing something in there that is causing the problem.
Astrodev is offline Find More Posts by Astrodev
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm new to rcgroups and multirotor and found this thread before buying a board -> very nice tutorial and other useful stuff! THX alot.
My H-quad isn't done yet (waiting for some parts like the forgotten FTDI adapter of my eBay order...) so I have no chance to test:

Has anyone tried to put some wadding on the barometer to get a better measurement and less noise from wind?
I've seen this on flitetest and it sounds plausible but in the video it seems not working that great.
floyd0815 is offline Find More Posts by floyd0815
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd0815 View Post
Hi guys!

I'm new to rcgroups and multirotor and found this thread before buying a board -> very nice tutorial and other useful stuff! THX alot.
My H-quad isn't done yet (waiting for some parts like the forgotten FTDI adapter of my eBay order...) so I have no chance to test:

Has anyone tried to put some wadding on the barometer to get a better measurement and less noise from wind?
I've seen this on flitetest and it sounds plausible but in the video it seems not working that great.
Welcome!!
I have a Crius Multwii SE and I put a sponge in barometer and works well.
You must change the PID values.

My quad with barometer and gps activated:
Testing Barometer - Crius Multiwii SE v2.1 (0 min 25 sec)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENAZ View Post
Welcome!!
I have a Crius Multwii SE and I put a sponge in barometer and works well.
You must change the PID values.

My quad with barometer and gps activated:
THX for the vid - position looks really stable - so I will do that too.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:40 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Camera Tilt

Has anyone set up the camera stabilization plus using one of the aux channels to override and adjust the camera tilt manually (using a 6 channel tx/rx).

I would like to use my 3 pos switch to have 3 camera tilt angles and then once set have the camera stabilization resume.

Any ideas? Can I run 2 tx/rx and have a y cable from the one rx and from the Crius SE board to the tilt servo so that one tx/rx can control the camera while the other signal will control the stabilization (or would the 5V feeding back through the servo wire damage the board)?

If that is not possible, what is the best angle to hold the camera on board?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:18 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
FailSafe

So I tested the Failsafe with my OrangeRX and the Multiwii coding does work fine.

The only issue I can see is that the FailSafe activates the ANGLE (or LEVEL/ACC) mode and if you are in HORIZON mode when the FailSafe kicks in, it leaves HORIZON mode active and also activates ANGLE mode, and I have read on the MultiWii forum that running these 2 modes together can cause the quad to shoot to the ground.

Here is the code that I found that maybe someone can help me to add to so that HORIZON mode is disabled when FailSafe kicks in:

// Failsafe routine - added by MIS
#if defined(FAILSAFE)
if ( failsafeCnt > (5*FAILSAFE_DELAY) && f.ARMED) { // Stabilize, and set Throttle to specified level
for(i=0; i<3; i++) rcData[i] = MIDRC; // after specified guard time after RC signal is lost (in 0.1sec)
rcData[THROTTLE] = conf.failsafe_throttle;
if (failsafeCnt > 5*(FAILSAFE_DELAY+FAILSAFE_OFF_DELAY)) { // Turn OFF motors after specified Time (in 0.1sec)
f.ARMED = 0; // This will prevent the copter to automatically rearm if failsafe shuts it down and prevents
f.OK_TO_ARM = 0; // to restart accidentely by just reconnect to the tx - you will have to switch off first to rearm
}
failsafeEvents++;
}
if ( failsafeCnt > (5*FAILSAFE_DELAY) && !f.ARMED) { //Turn of "Ok To arm to prevent the motors from spinning after repowering the RX with low throttle and aux to arm
f.ARMED = 0; // This will prevent the copter to automatically rearm if failsafe shuts it down and prevents
f.OK_TO_ARM = 0; // to restart accidentely by just reconnect to the tx - you will have to switch off first to rearm
}
failsafeCnt++;
#endif
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Little OT but hopefully someone can help.

I ordered the "CRIUS SE with FTDI adapter" on eBay and got the package about 12 days ago -> no FTDI adapter within. So I contacted the seller and he sent me another package with the forgotten FTDI.
Today I got the item and guess what -> another CRIUS SE and NO FTDI adapter.

Now I don't wanna wait another 1 1/2 weeks to "maybe" get the FTDI so I wanted to ask you guys 2 things:
1.) Can I use this adapter?
http://www.ebay.at/itm/280821401783?...84.m1497.l2649
I know I would have to wire it a little bit different since the pins are in the wrong order but would it be possible with it?
There is no DTR but just a RTS pin -> are the same? problem?
2.) I have the Crius SE v1.0 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...51599&page=169) and the v2.0 -> are the FTDI pins in the same order as on the board from the OP? (Pins are not labeled on both of my boards)

THX in advance!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd0815 View Post
I ordered the "CRIUS SE with FTDI adapter" on eBay and got the package about 12 days ago -> no FTDI adapter within. So I contacted the seller and he sent me another package with the forgotten FTDI.
Today I got the item and guess what -> another CRIUS SE and NO FTDI adapter.

Now I don't wanna wait another 1 1/2 weeks to "maybe" get the FTDI so I wanted to ask you guys 2 things:
1.) Can I use this adapter?
http://www.ebay.at/itm/280821401783?...84.m1497.l2649
I know I would have to wire it a little bit different since the pins are in the wrong order but would it be possible with it?
There is no DTR but just a RTS pin -> are the same? problem?
2.) I have the Crius SE v1.0 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...51599&page=169) and the v2.0 -> are the FTDI pins in the same order as on the board from the OP? (Pins are not labeled on both of my boards)

THX in advance!
This would work. http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...4&productname=