HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 11:53 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Strat View Post
As she sits today. My 355 powered 83 Camaro... Put a lot of work into this car this past year, and I have been rewarded with the most enjoyable daily driver I could have ever hoped for. Very underestimated car... Trailer trash to some... Treasure to this guy!
Those C5 wheels are perfect for that car! Clean ride!

EDIT TO ADD: heh heh -- just now saw that someone else posted the exact opposite -- they *don't* like the wheels. Just goes to show that when it comes to cars, there is no right answer, everyone's taste is their own. I do stand by my own opinion, tho' -- excellent choice!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2008
106 Posts
This is our '91 Mustang LX, 5.0. Got it last year right after Irene hit the east coast. Has 65,000 original miles, very clean overall.

Mike
ferret dad is offline Find More Posts by ferret dad
Old May 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Camaro looks better on stock wheels. There IS a right answer- mine!

Sweet friggin Camaro, though.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old May 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
Registered Triplane Addict
Winchester MA
Joined Jun 2004
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret dad View Post
This is our '91 Mustang LX, 5.0. Got it last year right after Irene hit the east coast. Has 65,000 original miles, very clean overall.

Mike
Nice Stang! My buddy has one as well... He rebuilt the motor with stronger internals and is running a vortech supercharger.

As for the wheels on my Camaro, I to am very fond of stock IROC wheels, just wish they were wider! Launch at the strip was killing me, and subsequently loosing traction up until 4th gear! If I could get wider IROC wheels I'd be all over it. To each, there own...

Pic of my buddies Mustang next to my Camaro. Very similar taste in exterior mods.

68Strat is offline Find More Posts by 68Strat
Old May 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
You could take the rears in and have them made wider. They do it at a place near Chicago. Maybe there is a place near you that dose it also. Check with any custom wheel shops in your area.
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Old May 15, 2012, 06:03 PM
Gotz tha Jet Feeva!!
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboarder711 View Post
more pics of the R33 please!
Here ya go...
Purple Pashin is offline Find More Posts by Purple Pashin
Old May 16, 2012, 10:44 AM
Wannabe Flyer
United States, IL, Decatur
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Pashin View Post
Here ya go...
hot hot hot
MUSTANGP51LOVE is offline Find More Posts by MUSTANGP51LOVE
Old May 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Northern Cal
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
home grown Merc

Towed this home 20 years ago. It took 5 winters to do all the mods. It's a nostalgic recreation of one style of how cars were modified in the 1950's/early 60's era.Thanks to todays affordable tools like mig welders, etc. I did all the work myself. Substitute the word "work" with "fun"!

If I could describe the what a difference the tools made, it would be like cutting out the old Comet kits with your single edge razor blade. And then fast forward to one's workbench today with Dremels and every specialized model aircraft tool available now.
flynwing_mike is offline Find More Posts by flynwing_mike
Last edited by flynwing_mike; May 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:06 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynwing_mike View Post
Towed this home 20 years ago. It took 5 winters to do all the mods. It's a nostalgic recreation of one style of how cars were modified in the 1950's/early 60's era.Thanks to todays affordable tools like mig welders, etc. I did all the work myself. Substitute the word "work" with "fun"!

If I could describe the what a difference the tools made, it would be like cutting out the old Comet kits with your single edge razor blade. And then fast forward to one's workbench today with Dremels and every specialized model aircraft tool available now.
thats a hot lead sled!!
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old May 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,260 Posts
Gorgeous Merc! Wow. My dad had some of the most desirable classic cars made. Among the '32 Ford, '37 Chev, '56 Nomad, '62 SS Impala 409, and others, one of his faves is the '50 Merc he had.

I love the color combo. Very classy look.
7car7 is online now Find More Posts by 7car7
Old May 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,260 Posts
Just put in new coilover suspension this last weekend. It's about 1.5 inches lower than before, about 2.2 lower than stock.
Loving the new height. Still clears the speed bumps at a friends complex, so we're good!
This setup gives 30 notches of damping adjustment from soft to firm. Still trying to figure out where I like it, but it's much nicer ride than the SRT setup I had before these.

Will be fun to play with the settings at the track.

Btw, fastest at the 1/4 so far is 13.422

At that time, it did 334hp, 352tq to the rear wheels.
I've since done a modded intake, and the latest dyno numbers are 359 hp, 380 tq.
My previous best 0-60 was 5.14, now it's best is 4.94
No new 1/4 mile times yet...

Old May 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,181 Posts
Wow, so many great rides!

Nice '91 Mustang! I've always had a soft-spot for clean, well-kept originals. That's why I haven't redone my GN.

That 83 Camaro looks great! Nice & clean - and understated. Love that. Bet she gets up & goes with that 355!

Killer Skyline! Looks mean just sitting there. I've always liked corner-carvers. It's been a few decades since I've owned one, however.

I'm drooling over that Merc! (I love sleds, and I learned to drive in my sister's '48 Merc 3-window w/flathead V8, so I have a thing for old Mercs.) Five years, and done the old-fashioned way. Very cool, indeed!

Love the low stance on the draggin' wagon. Impressive numbers for such a big car. Don't those weigh around 4100-4200 pounds? Just what an RCer needs - an aircraft hauler that can hit 60 in less than 5 sec.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 17, 2012, 09:53 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Pashin View Post
Here ya go...
Man.... That skyline is beautiful I can't wait until I can import a R34 GtR into the USA.....
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old May 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Wow, so many great rides!

Don't those weigh around 4100-4200 pounds?
Ya, it's amazing the great cars on here. All I ever see at my field is mid-size pickups (usually dirty and rusty) and the occasional Honda Accord! Who'd of thought RC'ers were into cars too!

Yep, you got the weight right. They're heavy, but it's surprising how may cars are perceived as light are very close or same as my Mag. Many many "performance" cars are only 200-300 pounds lighter. But they won't haul a boat, camping gear, 5 people in comfort, or airplanes!
Old May 18, 2012, 09:26 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7car7 View Post
Ya, it's amazing the great cars on here. All I ever see at my field is mid-size pickups (usually dirty and rusty) and the occasional Honda Accord! Who'd of thought RC'ers were into cars too!

Yep, you got the weight right. They're heavy, but it's surprising how may cars are perceived as light are very close or same as my Mag. Many many "performance" cars are only 200-300 pounds lighter. But they won't haul a boat, camping gear, 5 people in comfort, or airplanes!
Same here. It's mostly pickups & minivans at our field - with the occasional trailer.

A perfect example of this would be the new Camaro. Nearly two tons, only room for four, a 1000 lb towing rating, and hardly any room for planes! By comparison, the Magnum is actually pretty light, considering the useful room & towing capacity. Speaking of towing capacities - remember when most full-size passenger cars were rated for 5000+ pounds?

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member