HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:04 PM
Joined Dec 2014
44 Posts
Question
Hubsan 107L plus one other... O_o

Greetings all.

I started this hobby pretty recently with a JXD 392. It's still my favorite while I await the arrival of a 388.

Anyway my questions are concerning a Hubsan 107L that has a real need to drift right and to the rear. It will take off straight and hover straight for just a little while. As soon as I start making minor control inputs, it begins building up it's hard right and reward drift. The longer it flies the harder the drift.

Things that I've tried so far:

Removed the shell and ensured that main board screws were tight (they were). I padded both sides of the main board with sliced pieces of ear foamies and re-tightened everything. I've stretched electrical tape over the motor arms (an attempt to remove vibration as the cause) but it's still doing the same thing.

If there are any ideas as to what I should try next, I'm def open to suggestions.

My next problem child also Hubsan related:

A buddy of mine picked up one of those Radio Shack mini quads made/marketed by propel. It's basically a copy of the Hubsan with a few minor alterations. To make a long story much shorter, one of the motor outriggers broke. What we've done is to put the Propel main board into Hubsan 107L shell. It fits perfect and even the screw holes align. The radio that comes with the Hubsan isn't all that great IMO. It's like a cheap impersonation of a PS2 controller. The propel however, will bind with the radio that came with my 392 and also binds with the propel radio (very similar to the 392 radio). So in the end I'd have a Hubsan with a better radio.

The problem is that so far, flight has been very erratic. It's difficult to control since swapping the guts over to the new body.

My question about this project is this:

Would having only two of the navigation LEDs on one side of the main board, mess with gyro input at all? This one likes making a hard right. The propel had it's LEDs soldered directly to the main board. I've removed them and soldered wire harnesses onto two. I had to use wire from old motors for the two wire leads. They BARELY fit within the shell and I wasn't about to do two this way without better (and longer) wires. This quad has a pretty severe drift but it seems constant and doesn't build over time. I wondered if power draw from having two LEDs on one side might affect it?

Thanks in Advance!
Noobz
Noobz is online now Find More Posts by Noobz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:13 PM
Joined Dec 2014
44 Posts
Meh... I see that I've posted in the wrong forum.

It's the 'Similar Threads' section at the bottom of the page. lol

Sorry about that.
Noobz is online now Find More Posts by Noobz