HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2015, 01:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sq View Post
Fits well by the nose?
Looks like light will come in by the nose area.
not by the time some foams there ..some double sided car body trimm adesive tape sticking it down this foam feels a little hard on your face for me but i will try them out when i get back in as iam off to work
wayneuk is offline Find More Posts by wayneuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2015, 06:54 PM
Crashing in style.
Joined Jun 2012
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sq View Post
Fits well by the nose?
Looks like light will come in by the nose area.
They are inserted up side down in that photo. Quick test fit I think

On second look, they are correctly inserted... I guess the alteration for the straps changed the nose bridge area. My print out goes up higher and meets the lip of the top part.
Bazed is online now Find More Posts by Bazed
Old Mar 28, 2015, 04:56 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, HI, Maui County
Joined Mar 2013
855 Posts
Anyone else using the AV in cable on their Dominator V2/HD's? When I plug the 3.5mm AV jack into the Dominator v2, it doesn't quite lock in like I'd assume it's supposed to. Also, when I move the cable a bit, the video will go completely out. I've tried two different cables and it makes no difference. The same thing happens on my friend's Dominator V2. Any solution to getting a better connection?
HiFlite is online now Find More Posts by HiFlite
Old Mar 28, 2015, 05:22 AM
Crashing in style.
Joined Jun 2012
159 Posts
On the Fat Shark support forum they mentioned that some of the cables were over molded around the 3.5mm jack. This causes the jack to work it's way out... I scrapped the cable that came with my HD's... Even though I didn't have the over molding on mine, I still got video feed disconnection when I twisted it. Now I'm using a home made cable and it seems to be ok... I've had really bad luck with all Fat Shark supplied cables... seems to be of quite low quality, was the same on my Attitude goggles, cable died within a week or two.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 02:22 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, HI, Maui County
Joined Mar 2013
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazed View Post
On the Fat Shark support forum they mentioned that some of the cables were over molded around the 3.5mm jack. This causes the jack to work it's way out... I scrapped the cable that came with my HD's... Even though I didn't have the over molding on mine, I still got video feed disconnection when I twisted it. Now I'm using a home made cable and it seems to be ok... I've had really bad luck with all Fat Shark supplied cables... seems to be of quite low quality, was the same on my Attitude goggles, cable died within a week or two.
Yeah that must be it. The plastic on both cables are over molded around the 3.5mm jack. I cut a bit of the extra plastic off and now it seems to be in pretty good. I might try making my own cable with an AV cable to see if that works any better.
HiFlite is online now Find More Posts by HiFlite
Old Mar 28, 2015, 08:41 PM
Joined Apr 2013
169 Posts
need some advice

I am after some fatshark glasses. I have a 1280 x 800 screen I get fed up with not being able to see as clear as I would like

my choices are

buy attitude v2 I would use all the extras the 600 camera that comes with them. the 250mw tx and the voltage adapter and wait for the next generation HD glasses. this seems a great cost answer and resale of glasses should not be too bad in a year.

I must say cant see how they call current ones hd when they are not even 720p

or will I get much better picture with dominator v2 glasses. what puts me of is once I have added tracking module and receiver 5.8ghz and power converter plus receiver its working out 20% more money that's also with no 600 camera that in uk sells for like £50 / $70 dollars more

is it worth the difference in picture quality in the doms v attitudes. is there much difference as both now come with plastic lenses.

I was looking at the new dom HD glasses as they are coming with tracking mod but worry about problems and are they going to be changed for Dom HD v2 any time soon, if so do I get the cost effective option then upgrade again in a year I would get more cash back?

how bad are the issues with DOM HD

I like to idea of best quality for money but am now going round in circles.

has anyone tried the attitude v2 compared with the dom v2. is there really much in it?

one last question whats the expected range with a 250mw compared with 600mw I would never fly further than say 800m max
Andest2003 is online now Find More Posts by Andest2003
Last edited by Andest2003; Mar 28, 2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
416 Posts
That other foam was way to rigid this is very comfortable now.. the bit of foam is removeable for the sd card & they havent fogged up as yet either..The weathers crap here so maybe later or tomorrow il get a flight in with them ..
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Joined Apr 2013
169 Posts
may have a good solution to you guys with steamy/foggy lenses

I have just purchased a pair of attitude v2. these seem the best solution until next generation for me anyway

I also with these had an issue of fogging. I ride motorcycles and inside the visor this can be an issue as well

there is various products based on stopping this issue I use a brand called bob heath anti fog spray

after spraying the solution onto a soft cotton bud then applying to the lenses and as per instruction allowing to dry the mist issue is gone.

I have used my glasses all after noon and perfect.

https://www.hedtec.co.uk/products/im...isor-Spray.jpg
Andest2003 is online now Find More Posts by Andest2003
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
2,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazed View Post
Those eye cups are a major pain, especially if you fly in a hot sweaty weather. Was so happy when I saw your link so printed it out immediately. I used PLA, it's less brittle than abs (in this thickness) , and I have a feeling it bends better. Had to cut away some of the plastic around the nose ridge, but took 2 minutes with an xacto.
When I test fitted them the screens actually ended up too close to my eyes, so used some 2mm double sided tape in between the foam and the plastic. Worked great, sooooo comfortable. They should have been designed like this from the start in my opinion.
I have some slight streak blur at the sides... About the same amount I had when I managed to get the eyecups perfectly aligned.. Which didn't usually last long. I don't mind it personally... Had it on my attitudes too.. And that was 35 fov... Even worse was the chromatic shift... Don't have that in the hds.
PLA is not less brittle than ABS. Did you mean the other way around? Also PLA will not do well in sunlight or being left in a car for example. Bad idea.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
Crashing in style.
Joined Jun 2012
159 Posts
Hi Billyd60, yes of course you are right. However, it's in my limited experience that PLA can be a little more forgiving when used in as thin a part like this. It tends to bend and flex more compared to ABS which "snaps" easier at that thickness (less than 3mm). But this is just my own observations. As for the warping/melting in the sun... yes it's a concern, I fly in 35 degree heat but so far it holds up well. I'd say in some ways it works in my advantage as it helps shape the print around the eye cup inserts and takes away some of the strain on the plastic of the goggles.

Anyway, time will tell!
Last edited by Bazed; Yesterday at 10:11 PM. Reason: less = more
Old Today, 05:40 AM
Joined Apr 2012
416 Posts
ive a feeling the fogging is due to our eyes being so close to the lenses my eye lashes no longer touch the lense.. over 40 mins use yesterday they didnt fog up once & were very comfortable
Old Today, 05:53 AM
Joined Mar 2005
2,170 Posts
Well ...150+ pages ...
....Easy decission
I stay with my SD .
All this choppin and fitting...to make 400 Dollar glasses fit not fog and comfortable ?? lOl
Amazing what companies get away with
contact303 is online now Find More Posts by contact303
Old Today, 06:02 AM
Hungary, Pest County, Tököl
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epolta View Post
Just can't get used to the blurriness around the edges. Looking at the Eagletree Vector OSD is dreadful. The Nexwave BETA band RX is a complete PITA because you have to adjust dip switches to get to the other bands. (I'm used to skyzones where you can cycle through with buttons.) Anyway - I was going to try to get used to them and maybe even try some diopters when I checked out my DVR recordings and noticed that there was a NTSC/PAL issue. Flashed the NTSC firmware (following the directions exactly - I'm a computer guy) and now the DVR doesn't work at all!
It was unnecessary to flash another firmware.
I had the same issue, the solution was to set my camera for PAL mode (live output).
Now the DVR's recording is flawless.

The diopter inserts help for sure, I natively need -4 and have those inserts in my googles.
No issue with blurriness, assuming that I lift the head strap much higher, until I find the sweet spot.

For the vRX, I have no issues with my laserBGC 1.3G vRX module at all, it does a solid, nice job, reception is fine,

Overall, I am very satisfied with the googles, I have changed them for my old RCV922s.
And it was a good decision.
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Today, 12:46 PM
Joined Feb 2014
52 Posts
I have a problem with the DVR of my DOM V2: sometimes the video is cut on the lower part of the picture. To give you an example I made two hardcopies from two different videos, the first with the missing part and the second with the full picture. Why is that?
Papa Echo is offline Find More Posts by Papa Echo