SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2015, 06:51 PM
Find More Posts by BilleFly
Joined Dec 2010
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
BilleFly.

That motor on about 11.5 volts pulls 30 Amps at 245 Watts. I only have a 30 Amp EFlite ESC in it at present but it seems to handle it OK.
Mind you, it only needs a 15 second motor run and it is 245 meters high. Guess it doesn't have time to get hot.
I have to stop it there as it gets a bit hard to see.
The glider has a seperate 15 amp UBEC for the onboard gear.
Those numbers , are Really Good ; Thanks !
If that one i posted, can't do that ; then i'll go get yours .
Will cost me about $25 , to find out.

Bille
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly
Last edited by BilleFly; Jun 01, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2015, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,440 Posts
Yep I realized when I was outside playing with my new Guppy plane. I thought, " I'd better get back inside and fix that before Bille sees it" LOL
HUH?
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Jun 01, 2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by BilleFly
Joined Dec 2010
430 Posts
FIXED What ? -----------------------------------------

Bille
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly
Old Jun 01, 2015, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by johnshobby76
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Mar 2015
10 Posts
build results after several weeks of test flights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnshobby76 View Post
I just pulled the trigger! Here are the buddy codes good for 14 days from today if anyone is about to purchase:
HXT900 servos (6): http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...F-C9001C6A43DD
Turnigy SK3 2836-1040 motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-DEE2FF212A22
HK 40A blueSeries ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...8-F52D69CB4248
LIPO: ZC.1500.3S.35: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...9-42876EEE8557
LIPO (for blade 130x heli): http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...6-757EFB962D28

Not sure its worth all that much, but its there anyway. I have to say, shopping hobbyking has been a very frustrating and most unpleasant shopping experience; but then again, you guys know all about that I'm sure. I wont go into details here. I was very close to giving up this morning and ordering a RXR parkzone Calypso! However, shopping experience aside, if it works out as planned, I think this bird I just ordered along with the components will be superior. I really hope! cheers!
So, the build went SLOW, by design as it kept me occupied during lots of weeks of crap weather. I enjoyed it. Wanted to give a quick update on results of several weeks of test flights now that we are finally getting some ok flying windows here in Colorado front range:

The bird has PLENTY of power thus far. I'm climbing out over 45 degs now getting as much altitude as I feel comfortable with for now (maybe 300 feet) in plenty less than a minute. I roll it gently and cut the throttle completely using it strictly as a motor glider. I haven't noticed any heating problems at all. Air temps have thus far been less than 80, but I dont expect any future problems even with warmer summer weather. I did do just about ALL the cooling mods I read about here.

Regarding the lemon RX: no issues to report. works as advertised and has been reliable thus far. note, I do have the satellite installed.

LIPOS: I prefer the lighter pack (1500mah), and would consider an even lighter one for future. I have yet to run it out in an hour of flying with 20 launch cycles, so it gives plenty of time for how I'm using it. I do notice the bird glides better with the smaller pack. A small difference, but noticeable.

For now, I have it rigged with flaperon setup on a switch. I've thrown the flaperon switch a few times and experimented some, but need to experiment more.

Not too much else to say other than I love it! Its super fun and easy to learn on. Durable thus far. Probably a bit on the heavy side as reported here. I've already been thinking about a 2m wing kit to strap on, but I will hold out for more cycles on this set up before sinking more moo-la.

hope that's somewhat helpful to someone out there. cheers!
johnshobby76 is offline Find More Posts by johnshobby76
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by Cezaryd
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
Hello again.
Thank you for all advices. Indeed, the broken foam part was very easy repairable with Super Glue. Additionally nylon hinges were added all over the control surfaces (4 - each aileron, 3 per flap, 2 - rudder and 4 on elevator. For the first time I can notice this nice smooth movement of all control surfaces. It gives me much more confidence. Unfortunately in UK the weather is not so nice and have to wait to test how it flies.
The centre of gravity... My model is little nose heavy, how do you guys compensate it? Moved 1800 LiPo to the back as far as possible, but still no good results. Considering to add some counterbalance on the tail area of fuselage, but I'm not sure how to attach it
Cheers
Cezaryd is online now Find More Posts by Cezaryd
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
5,926 Posts
I turned the battery tray around and so battery sits right up to servo tray, this helped with cog.
If you need to go further back then anything you can move back do so and add weight if needed as far back as pos as this will use the least weight..

Weather here is really rubbish.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield View Post
~

Weather here is really rubbish.
Ar least you folk in the northern hemisphere are heading into Summer.
What day is that again?
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by idletime
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,772 Posts
Do the ruler trick here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezaryd View Post
Hello again.
Thank you for all advices. Indeed, the broken foam part was very easy repairable with Super Glue. Additionally nylon hinges were added all over the control surfaces (4 - each aileron, 3 per flap, 2 - rudder and 4 on elevator. For the first time I can notice this nice smooth movement of all control surfaces. It gives me much more confidence. Unfortunately in UK the weather is not so nice and have to wait to test how it flies.
The centre of gravity... My model is little nose heavy, how do you guys compensate it? Moved 1800 LiPo to the back as far as possible, but still no good results. Considering to add some counterbalance on the tail area of fuselage, but I'm not sure how to attach it
Cheers
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Today, 02:16 AM
Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
5,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Ar least you folk in the northern hemisphere are heading into Summer.
What day is that again?
It came early, it 2 weeks ago on Thurs afternoon!
Back to winter now lol
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield