HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nuts 181 View Post
Very nice Dag did you ever get the B29 finished or loose heart with all the problems you mentioned?
I actually built 2. One I had the parts cut out for me as a kit. That is the one in the photos, when testing the spar it failed. The #2 B-29 was much better and flew well. It is not somewhere hanging in a bar....

Thanks!!!!

DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:21 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,887 Posts
Hey all,
Been a very crazy week.......

I just about have my new riser done for my electronics. Birger's way to go with my out board wings is really the only way to go. I am broke again on my hobby budget so that will be slow coming. Work has smothered me again and once I do my family thing I have no time for my planes. The Emmaselle is down for maintenance on the main gear, my axle is showing small stress cracks and I need to upgrade to a stronger aluminum or go to steel.

Also this was e-mail to me Sorry for the bad word at the end of the video this is not my video and I can not edit it(Mute the sound down if the kids are around)......
what not to do with a lipo (0 min 27 sec)

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Last edited by dag214; Jun 02, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Hey all,
Been a very crazy week.......

I just about have my new riser done for my electronics. Birger's way to go with my out board wings is really the only way to go. I am broke again on my hobby budget so that will be slow coming. Work has smothered me again and once I do my family thing I have no time for my planes. The Emmaselle is down for maintenance on the main gear, my axle is showing small stress cracks and I need to upgrade to a stronger aluminum or go to steel.

Also this was e-mail to me Sorry for the bad word at the end of the video this is not my video and I can not edit it(Mute the sound down if the kids are around)......
http://youtu.be/zuDTarHe1xw

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
I've seen simular videos on other lipo related threads. Lipos can catch fire but I have yet to hear of one that did for no reason at all. There was always a reason. (mishandling, crash damage, being dropped, incorrect charging, kids with hammer and nail etc) The results can be anything from a toasted model to an entire house burned to the ground. I store mine in fireproof containers but I'd like to build a fireproof lockbox I can put outside. They might get pretty warm in the summer but at least if one goes off it will be outside. I'd like to see the paint job on the vehicle downwind that the smoke was blowing by in a few weeks. I've heard that even the smoke is very corrosive.
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:06 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Also this was e-mail to me
Wow...... is that how you are going to do a sky writer smoke system on the 36

Screw drivers rigged to servos in the fuse to puncture the lipos on cue
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:06 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,463 Posts
Just ask any audio engineer..."Any" smoke is corrosive (to a certain extent)... Very hard on electronics...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
lol that's why I always set up DF50 hazers (smoke machines) next to the audio guys amp and outboard racks Then I don't need a fan to disperse the smoke, it runs right through the cooling fans on their racks for dispersal
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
lol that's why I always set up DF50 hazers (smoke machines) next to the audio guys amp and outboard racks Then I don't need a fan to disperse the smoke, it runs right through the cooling fans on their racks for dispersal
Good job!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:15 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,887 Posts
Hey all,

I didn't post the lipo vid to say the sky is falling, I also have never heard of one just blowing up. In fact if you have a good modern charger it is almost impossible to over charge one.

Just like gasoline a 100 years ago, you just have to respect it and be smart. But just like the guy with the screwdriver if you weld next to a gallon bucket full of gas you might have a problem.

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:19 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
LOL I prefer the FG41 - Orka Fogger

DAG
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:45 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,463 Posts
What.... no Chauvet?????

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:40 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,613 Posts
I like the dog, probably the smarter of the two. Moved from downwind to upwind and then ran off into the distance.

Videos like this have a life of their own, and they come back to haunt us who had nothing to do with it because Joe Public or Joe City Employee has seen the movie and thinks that this things are inherently dangerous and need to be regulated.

Which explains why you can't send your laptop in for repairs via air express or couriers like FedEx and have the packagecross international borders (eg, Canada to the US).....
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:27 AM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat View Post
I like the dog, probably the smarter of the two. Moved from downwind to upwind and then ran off into the distance.

Videos like this have a life of their own, and they come back to haunt us who had nothing to do with it because Joe Public or Joe City Employee has seen the movie and thinks that this things are inherently dangerous and need to be regulated.

Which explains why you can't send your laptop in for repairs via air express or couriers like FedEx and have the packagecross international borders (eg, Canada to the US).....
You may not be able to get it across the border to get it repaired but they sure can get it across the border to sell it to you. I noticed the dog was the smart one of the bunch as well. geez
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:07 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
5,887 Posts
Hey all,

Sorry for being AWOL so much...... Please understand that the next month or so will have some real ups and downs with the work I will get done, there will be a weekend or three where I will get a ton done, then 2-3 weeks with just about nothing. I know this thread has grown into something I never imagined, but I can only get so much done is a 24 hour day.

Thanks!!!!! DAG
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:02 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Hey all,

Sorry for being AWOL so much...... Please understand that the next month or so will have some real ups and downs with the work I will get done, there will be a weekend or three where I will get a ton done, then 2-3 weeks with just about nothing. I know this thread has grown into something I never imagined, but I can only get so much done is a 24 hour day.

Thanks!!!!! DAG
Personally I'm still waiting for them to finish the 8 day week and the 28 hour day...it'll be a big help
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jun 03, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Apr 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks!!!!! DAG
Well, you'll just have to invent a 48-hr day somewhere along the way
JAVMAN83 is offline Find More Posts by JAVMAN83