SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2013, 06:11 PM
masterless samurai
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
806 Posts
Discussion
Illuminating a Logo Cap With LED?

I'm having the following small cap with an engraved logo 3d printed for me ...

The white would represent solid material and the dark would be empty, if that makes sense. I have not considered adding a clear / translucent film but would do so if that is recommended.

I want to illuminate the cut out logo with blue LED. I want to avoid being able to see the LED and have the light distributed as evenly as possible. I was thinking of placing the LED diode (or diodes?) behind the upper part of the skull so it is hidden. I have up to 12V to power the LEDs and can step down to 5V (but would prefer 12V if possible to avoid using a BEC).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
the.ronin is offline Find More Posts by the.ronin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2013, 03:43 PM
Jim C Patrick
Shenandoah County
Joined Jan 2008
828 Posts
A lot of other similar illumination setups put LEDs on the edge of a glass or plexiglass sheet.
jcpatrick is offline Find More Posts by jcpatrick