SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 14, 2014, 08:26 AM
RcBoater
Joined Feb 2014
180 Posts
Ft009

Ft009 boaters: I found the rudder to have too much slop. I put a car shim in after unscrewing the bolt and slid it in which took out almost all the slop and still turned with ease. Hope this helped just 1 person which justifies this posting. Thanks!
Dennis Manning is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Manning
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 06:29 PM
Registered User
cell's Avatar
Malta, Zabbar
Joined Dec 2006
51 Posts
My fellow RC friends... Here today with great pleasure to present you the first self righting BRUSLESS FT009.

All parts Used :



The boat:

http://www.tmart.com/sl/5335aab2d8018



brushless motor:

http://www.tmart.com/sl/539e263859ba9



esc:

http://www.tmart.com/sl/539e29cba2ee2



Prop:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...246&aff=199111



Prop Coupler: *from a joysway rc boat. fits perfect

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Jo...056474201204D7



3s Lipo:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...346&aff=199111

Or

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...071&aff=199111

if I missed something let me know.

will post videos soon it' so friken FAST !! + STILL SELF RIGHTS

*will post step by step how to guide soon with more detailed pictures

PS. don't use that prop setup on the stock motor or it will burn (I know from first hand experience )
cell is offline Find More Posts by cell
Last edited by cell; Jun 15, 2014 at 06:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:56 AM
Aaron qin's Avatar
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
837 Posts
Great New for US people! BG have A979, FT009, L959 in USA warehouse now. Cheaper price and Faster delivery.
http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A979-...-p-916960.html BLUE ONLY.
http://www.banggood.com/Feilun-FT009...-p-906673.html ORANGE ONLY
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...r-p-64851.html Green and White Only
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:49 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Great New for US people! BG have A979, FT009, L959 in USA warehouse now. Cheaper price and Faster delivery.
http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A979-...-p-916960.html BLUE ONLY.
http://www.banggood.com/Feilun-FT009...-p-906673.html ORANGE ONLY
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...r-p-64851.html Green and White Only
Jacky ?

DO you plan to develop the eurowarehouse too ?
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:53 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
My fellow RC friends... Here today with great pleasure to present you the first self righting BRUSLESS FT009.

All parts Used :



The boat:

http://www.tmart.com/sl/5335aab2d8018



brushless motor:

http://www.tmart.com/sl/539e263859ba9



esc:

http://www.tmart.com/sl/539e29cba2ee2



Prop:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...246&aff=199111



Prop Coupler: *from a joysway rc boat. fits perfect

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Jo...056474201204D7



3s Lipo:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...346&aff=199111

Or

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...071&aff=199111

if I missed something let me know.

will post videos soon it' so friken FAST !! + STILL SELF RIGHTS

*will post step by step how to guide soon with more detailed pictures

PS. don't use that prop setup on the stock motor or it will burn (I know from first hand experience )
Thanks for all these informations

Even if I am not a great fan if this flexible shaft coupler. They are fragile if you don't use regulary marine grease ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:59 AM
Registered User
cell's Avatar
Malta, Zabbar
Joined Dec 2006
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
Thanks for all these informations

Even if I am not a great fan if this flexible shaft coupler. They are fragile if you don't use regulary marine grease ....
NO NO, I just used the coupler, the flex shaft was not used
cell is offline Find More Posts by cell
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:40 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
NO NO, I just used the coupler, the flex shaft was not used

So you mod is the right one

I am waiting your video with this new beast
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:42 AM
Registered User
cell's Avatar
Malta, Zabbar
Joined Dec 2006
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
So you mod is the right one

I am waiting your video with this new beast
will do by next weekend . and will upload pics of the internals too

hope it will be helpful to someone..
cell is offline Find More Posts by cell
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 06:45 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2014
12 Posts
Finally got around to test my FT009 today, to see if it could carry a gopro, which I had searched a lot about before buying it, if was possible, but couldn't find anything about.. But here goes :b

Will the FT009 carry a GoPro? (1 min 24 sec)
RapoxD is offline Find More Posts by RapoxD
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Tom_1971's Avatar
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
379 Posts
Is there a spare mating battery connector available to realize adapter cables for JST or XT60 batteries without replacing the original connector and still being able to use original battery?
It looks like a Tamiya connector, or I'm wrong?
I searched in this discussion but didn't find the information.
Thanks
Tom_1971 is offline Find More Posts by Tom_1971
Last edited by Tom_1971; Jun 17, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:31 PM
Registered User
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapoxD View Post
Finally got around to test my FT009 today, to see if it could carry a gopro, which I had searched a lot about before buying it, if was possible, but couldn't find anything about.. But here goes :b]
I think you'd have better luck mounting the camera to the bottom of the boat and taking under water footage
Sympster is offline Find More Posts by Sympster
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2004
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1971 View Post
Is there a spare mating battery connector available to realize adapter cables for JST or XT60 batteries without replacing the original connector and still being able to use original battery?
It looks like a Tamiya connector, or I'm wrong?
I searched in this discussion but didn't find the information.
Thanks
This is usually called "small " Tamiya connector. This connector is used in the Tamtech gear 1/16 Tamiya battery.
polar bear is offline Find More Posts by polar bear
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2014, 08:47 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapoxD View Post
Finally got around to test my FT009 today, to see if it could carry a gopro, which I had searched a lot about before buying it, if was possible, but couldn't find anything about.. But here goes :b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeoSGUjzXM
Well ... I guess with a Mobius camera, it will work much better ...
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
I'm working on my friends new FT009 he just got, and his radio frequency was working fine his first run for a while but then near the end it kept going out on him, and now we can't get it to sync, do you know why this may be? is there a way we could fix it ourselves?
erik.ness92 is offline Find More Posts by erik.ness92
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2013
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik.ness92 View Post
I'm working on my friends new FT009 he just got, and his radio frequency was working fine his first run for a while but then near the end it kept going out on him, and now we can't get it to sync, do you know why this may be? is there a way we could fix it ourselves?
Did you bypass the "safety" system (the wires that go to pegs on the back, top/bottom)? If not, they could have some crap on 'em, it's best to simply bind those wires together.
porcupine5 is offline Find More Posts by porcupine5
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Skywalker 2014 - 1800mm - FPVModel - Spanish Review Japanx FPV Aircraft 9 Dec 14, 2013 09:48 PM
Mini-Review Turbodrone Micro Quad review stallion explosi Multirotor Talk 0 Nov 22, 2013 08:27 AM
New Product Vitality H36's Brother Vitality H39 2.4G 4-axis RC Quadcopter With camera RTF Aaron qin Mini Multirotors 14 Sep 18, 2013 09:02 AM