SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:37 PM
Mansell Models
United States, UT, Layton
Joined May 2004
1,321 Posts
Andrew,

My condolences!! May peace be with you and your family. Thanks for reporting the news.

Tom
N827TM is offline Find More Posts by N827TM
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2014, 05:52 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little ROG View Post
I got the battery lead hooked up at the SPR port what's a good setting for the battery cut off on a 3 cell lipo. If my battery lead breaks loose where I soldered it for the SPR port will it glitch or loose connection to the radio. I have a crummy solder joint on that connection. I just cut in a little slit close to the speed controller just big enough to solder the wire and will coat with a tinny bit of hot glue. But it does work and set at 11.4 for a good guess.
Set it to 3.3v per cell so 9.9, I do 10v when the alarm goes off at 3/4 or above thr it's time to land. and yes that spc connection is the most important one if that fails the Rx will shut off.
jamesrini is offline Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Aug 04, 2014, 07:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Hemel Hempstead
Joined Mar 2009
46 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.
My condolences!! May peace be with you and your family.
Ashley
Ashley123 is online now Find More Posts by Ashley123
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:49 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
250 Posts
Had the SPC port hooked up this weekend. That thing is really cool. I used a ten volt setting it was right on the money. Maybe I will set it a tinny bit higher. One pack was fine one pack went flat on me but it was the best landing I ever had with that plane so all is good. One of the guys I fly with said all radios should have that built in.
Little ROG is offline Find More Posts by Little ROG
Last edited by Little ROG; Aug 16, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 05:57 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
250 Posts
What kind of range can I get with the minama 6s. It has two antennas but they don't say how far out this thing can reach...they really don't say with any of them your just trained to think the more I spend the better it is. So give us some true signal clarity distances nobody really does that.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 06:06 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
250 Posts
Why can't they just say this receiver is good for a half a mile or 2000 feet or something so we can compare which one would be the best for our need. A park flyer... They are all park flyers. How big is your park ? How far can you see ? How big is the plane. What I really need to know is how far out I can go and keep getting a signal !!!!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 07:08 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
683 Posts
Although there is no "industry standard", after reading range topics for most all the manufacturers here and elsewhere, 1000' (300 meters) is considered maximum safe control distance for "parkflyers" (again, no industry standard for what a PF is either). I think this also assumes open level terrain, etc.
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:38 PM
SAM Elec GrandChamp04,07,10,12
Smithfield, Ky.
Joined Sep 2001
1,064 Posts
Quote:
What kind of range can I get with the minama 6s. It has two antennas but they don't say how far out this thing can reach...they really don't say with any of them your just trained to think the more I spend the better it is. So give us some true signal clarity distances nobody really does that.
When I asked Hitec support they told me that it was full range. I am using it in one of my smaller competition airplanes and I range as far away as 1/3 mile or sometimes more when following thermals.
Jay
Jay Burkart is offline Find More Posts by Jay Burkart
Old Aug 18, 2014, 05:36 AM
Australia, QLD, Numinbah Valley
Joined May 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Burkart View Post
When I asked Hitec support they told me that it was full range. I am using it in one of my smaller competition airplanes and I range as far away as 1/3 mile or sometimes more when following thermals.
Jay
I have had one at 1.6KM horizontal distance from launch point and still had full control (unfortunately i didn't get alt readout from the on board for that flight) in a glider.... With the Optima 9 I have had better but I almost lost the glider on that flight!! I have seen 1.8KM stock on a DX9 fitted to a multi rotor.
stormysrider is offline Find More Posts by stormysrider
Old Aug 21, 2014, 05:32 PM
Va.Beach Va.
Joined Feb 2007
250 Posts
Stormysrider was that with the minima 6s. That's like a mile....mile n a half in my world. Sounds pretty good for most of my planes. I think I would have to use an optima receiver for my big glider if it flew away that would be a bad thing. I have had it get into thermals and get scary high to the point where I had to bring it down some.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 05:52 AM
Joined May 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Stormysrider was that with the minima 6s. That's like a mile....mile n a half in my world. Sounds pretty good for most of my planes. I think I would have to use an optima receiver for my big glider if it flew away that would be a bad thing. I have had it get into thermals and get scary high to the point where I had to bring it down some.
Sure was mate 6s straight out of the box. Antennas outside the fuz BTW. I have a dozen of them they are great.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 03:49 AM
Germany
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
Hi,
i just found a HP-22 Software 1.60(0) on a server from Multiplex Germany.
It does not say 'Aurora 9X not avaiable' ???
You can upgrade firmware (its still 1.00) and change language.
I will test to backup data, perhaps it will do it correct.

The link is http://www.hitecrc.de/store/downloads.php?fcat=5

The zip-file is located here

http://www.hitecrc.de/store/getfile.php?idx=79

Ralf
hiwi is offline Find More Posts by hiwi
Last edited by hiwi; Aug 27, 2014 at 04:11 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM
Joined May 2011
113 Posts
will let you know if it fixes my issues