SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Question
Hobby King delivery

I have read so much good stuff about Hobby King products and prices I decided to order some batteries and Orange rx's last Thursday (8/2/12). I get an email today (8/6/12) products are boxed and ready to ship!! Yeah! But then I keep reading "Up to 45 days to deliver"!
Is that typical delivery time to the states (Illinois)? Has anyone found it takes this long? Sooner? I have my first scratch build I'm itching to try out.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Never had an order from HK take that long after getting the boxed and ready to ship notification.
Maybe another 2 weeks, in my experience, depending on customs...etc.
Were the batteries lipos?
LandonK is offline Find More Posts by LandonK
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,392 Posts
Yeah, 2 lipos, receivers and some screws
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
Usually about 2 weeks although it can sometimes take up to a month if you've got lipos (and longer on rare occasions). If you want to ensure it arrives quickly pay attention to the shipping methods next time (pay the extra few bucks and get EMS shipping or order from the US warehouse).
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:12 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,622 Posts
Fastest I've had is 2 weeks, other times 3-4 weeks. I paid extra for EMS the last time and it was between 1-2 weeks.

One order sat there and never got processed for 6 weeks, I finally contacted them I what do you know, "sorry for the delay, it's shipping today".

A friend waited 45 days earlier this year shipped out and it was almost 2 months until he got it. Unfortunately for him it was critical building supplies he needed to complete a model. Prices are good but shipping is often sketchy. I'm really hoping they start stocking the USA warehouse with more variety.

Today I got an order from the USA warehouse. They shorted me a battery pack. They say I must take a picture of the items and all packing material sitting on a scale and email it to them, what the hell? Even NP would just ship out the missing part.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:15 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,985 Posts
Ive had good luck with hk,couple things to know.. dont expect anything on time if ordering during Chinese new year.. during that holiday everything shuts down for a couple weeks and usually after the holiday there a bit back logged on shipping and orders after the holiday can go a bit slow as well. I usually order enough stuff to justify the ems shipping and the orders arrive in a week. Ive ordered from the USA warehouse as well and shipping has been good.. ordered some packs for small epp foamies and they were here in less than a week,also ordered a plane last year and it arrived quickly from the US warehouse. Dont expect your order on time if you have back ordered items.. it will hold up your order until there in stock.. all this stuff is pretty well known in the forums by people that order regularly from hk... some neglect to look there order over prior to pressing buy etc or opt for the cheapest and longest shipping options and they wont get there order in a week if ordering from the international warehouse.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member