HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
TT Outboard Problems

Hello,

I am having trouble with my thunder tigre outboard, I seem to have a tuning problem that i cant shake. The boat wants to bogs at full throttle 1-2 seconds after it gets "On the pipe". I have taken the carb back to stock settings multiple times after trying to weed out the full throttle problem with hi and low speed screws. I am pretty close to making a wet tuning bench with a bath so that the prop has some kind of load on it. when running it on the dry stand with no load there isn't a problem. I have added a secondary tank since i was thinking this was a fuel issue of air in the feed lines. That did not fix my problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
BackDraft is offline Find More Posts by BackDraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2015, 05:11 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
3,008 Posts
Richen the high-speed needle. Usually your best bet on the TT's is to leave the low-speed needle alone.
Stock settings are only a general place to start at. They have no idea where in the world their engines are going so there are a ton of factors that come into play. Nitro content, altitude, humidity and the temps of both the air and water are a few of the things that dictate the needle settings.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson