HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
No....not a stock setup....but if I buy another Stinger.........I will buy the PNP. The stinger I have now is my second one and it was a kit. I am running a Jetfan /HET 2100 on 6s 5000 mah and get 3-1/2 @ WOT with a landing. Althought the Jetfan give me more speed and vertical I don't think it is enough to warrant the difference in cost over the stock setup.
Thanks Max, and all the rest of you guys that responded to my question. I have the pnp, but was going to put in the same motor fan combo that Max mentioned. That was before I acquired another 90mm freewing kit (eurofighter) that needs a power system. So I put all the original pnp components back in the stinger. I only have flown the stinger approximately seven or eight times, and wanted to know if my times were pretty average. Honestly, I can't recall how much I'm putting back into the 5000mah batteries after flying it. I can't wait for spring to REALLY get here so I can get some more flights in on this one. Had a couple 70+ days here and there so far, but I've had to work most of them. Cold again this weekend with mid twenties overnight, and working anyway. But next weekend it's supposed to be 70's again. Now if the wind cooperates and the girlfriend will let me shirk some garden prepping duties, I'm thinking next weekend I'm gonna wear it out!!!!
chopperscott is offline Find More Posts by chopperscott
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2007
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy View Post
I will try that on one of my foamies.
Do you have any thoughts about setting up the gear and doors on the 9s instead of using there sequencer, gear works fine, lights come on and off, the door opens but after a few secs. it tries to close. any suggestions would be helpful.

Bill
Yes I did, but forgot to mention it in my previous reply.
Basically -- keep in mind the plane wasn't made just for people with DX9s -- but get away from the DX's sequencers & gear settings; set everything back to 'Zero', and rely on the control box on the plane itself to do what it's supposed to. Hook it up the way the manual shows(*), so all you have to do is flip the 'gear up/down' switch on your Tx.

*That said, there was an issue on ?earlier? Stingers gear control box; the manual showed one wire plugged into the wrong box slot. Some pilots have reported hooking it up the way it shows & everything works properly, so apparently that might have been remedied on later issues -- perhaps someone can verify or clarify which is which. Just hook it up 'right' & try it -- if you still have problems post a note & we'll look up where in here it was discussed. Unless someone has a ready-link they'll share here.....I'm too busy to hunt it down right now. (March Madness, cold beer....you know the song. )

Ok now she's finished and tomorrow is the maiden!
After trying every possible combo on the sequencer to no avail. I decided to use the sequencer in my DX9, piece of cake to program and works perfect. got cg set at 115mm so Im charging up my Pulse 45c 5000's up and off to the field at first light.
Bill in Vegas
graniteguy is offline Find More Posts by graniteguy