SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2013, 03:55 PM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Discussion
Optima 6 , SPC and an Eflite ESC

I have a HABU and I want to set up the RX to read my Lipo voltage. I have done this with another model and had no issues, however

When I try this with the Eflite ESC it wont power the servos, or arm the throttle. It has a separate switch for arming the BEC, using this has no effect

With the SPC jump lead in place it all works as it should, but I get a continuous beeping from the TX , 3beeps in a row and then a pause then repeated.

The TX battery is fine, there is no alarm set for the RX voltage so I am confused
MTheMadhatter is online now Find More Posts by MTheMadhatter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:24 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheMadhatter View Post
I have a HABU and I want to set up the RX to read my Lipo voltage.
I have done this with another model and had no issues, however
When I try this with the Eflite ESC it wont power the servos, or arm the throttle.
It has a separate switch for arming the BEC, using this has no effect
With the SPC jump lead in place it all works as it should, but I get a continuous beeping from the TX ,
3beeps in a row and then a pause then repeated.
The TX battery is fine, there is no alarm set for the RX voltage so I am confused
Most likely cause is that you have not reset your Spectra module alarm:
. AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora 9 & Spectra 2.4Ghz Module - Interpret & Manage the Independent Alarms.
extract:
"Spectra Module Low Transceiver Battery warning provides triple beep = beep beep beep pause beep beep beep pause.
(When using SPC from EP power battery and module has been programmed with say a 3S battery 9.9v LBW setting
and a 2S even fully charged at 8.4v is to be used, alarm would be tripped.
Thus LBW setting for that model must also be changed via HPP-22)"

. Aurora 9 - Warning Alarms Battery types, Voltage Level Interpretation & Consumption

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 09:58 AM
Plymouth UK
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Thanks, It was a new model memory and had not set any alarms up. However resetting them did the trick, well at least the beeping has stopped

I still cant get it to work with the SPC connected. With the SPC connected to my flight Lipo I have throttle control but none of the servo's will work. As I understand it the SPC does not power the servo`s and they should take there power from the BEC on the ESC,
MTheMadhatter is online now Find More Posts by MTheMadhatter
Old Jun 19, 2013, 08:20 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheMadhatter View Post
Thanks, It was a new model memory and had not set any alarms up.
However resetting them did the trick, well at least the beeping has stopped.
I still cant get it to work with the SPC connected.
With the SPC connected to my flight Lipo I have throttle control but none of the servo's will work.
As I understand it the SPC does not power the servo`s and they should take there power from the BEC on the ESC,
Please try swapping the ESC for another and into another model to ensure both it and the servo are working.

Unfortunately without model details of the ESC not provided, can not check manual for the ESC.
If it is set to and providing 5V, 5.5v or 6.0v then confirm wiring is as shown in schematic attached:
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - EP Models Use SPC Port for RX Power Supply (BEC only is unreliable) & correct Battery Telemetry.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - SPC connection & Lead FAQ for EP & GP models - with schematics and Photos.

Much more information available under sub sections
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.