HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Discussion
Finally My Blade 500X Is Here- Unboxing - Maiden Videos And Pictures - I LOVE IT!

Hi, Finally after a whole year of waiting for the Blade 500X I have it in my hands! I woke up at 5:00am this morning (I could't even sleep last night!) because of the thought I would finally have it today. Waited and waited for the shipping truck to come to my house and finally around 2:00pm the shipping guy arrived with a huge box! Well first thoughts of having it in my hands....Just beautiful looking heli! It's bigger than I thought it would be. Checked everything and all seem nice and tight. Charged the lipo and off I went to my flying field. I was so happy and nervous so nothing will go wrong.Was windy too. Powerd up and the 500X lifted in the air! O MY GOD! THE SOUND IS AWSOME! You can't here it in the video. The power this thing has is out of this world! Rock stable and so smooth. Very responsive at the controls. I put stock settings on my DX6 and put in 25% expo as Brian James. Its was perfect! I am very happy so far with my 500X. You can see in the video I was easy on it so I can get the feel of it.I had no vibrations and no tail wag. It's perfectly balanced. I LOVE IT!! So here are some pictures and 2 videos...Unboxing video and a video of the true maiden and first flight of my 500X from today! I also did a second flight and pushed it harder but I did not get it on video.I am so happy that the 500X is finally in my house.I just can't believe it! Happy Flying! Enjoy!
Blade 500X Unboxing (3 min 37 sec)

Blade 500X Maiden Flight (3 min 22 sec)
boolis is offline Find More Posts by boolis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Update on my 500X after many flights.....Feel The Power! A video of me with my 500X from this morning.I have many flights on it and its silk smooth with no problems! I love the sound and power of the 500X! I am so happy with it! Happy Flying!
Blade 500X - Feel The Power! (3 min 26 sec)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:26 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,396 Posts
I really like blade helis, mostly the micros but I can see this and the Blade 550 in my future
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:50 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,348 Posts
..... attempting to say something positive about your flight....I failed!

oh my, what a bad spot to fly, people walking and cycling around while you jab the stick to do what? tic-tocs? why tic-tocs while your clearly still have to get all the orientations and transitions between them settled down. The occasional quick plummeting down almost touching the ground while just hovering is not confidence inspiring either.

Sorry for rant... Get a safer spot or stick with micro's there on the parking lot.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Hi,One more video of a flight with my 500X! Awsome Heli!! I Love It!
BLADE 500X Giannis (5 min 7 sec)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
..... attempting to say something positive about your flight....I failed!

oh my, what a bad spot to fly, people walking and cycling around while you jab the stick to do what? tic-tocs? why tic-tocs while your clearly still have to get all the orientations and transitions between them settled down. The occasional quick plummeting down almost touching the ground while just hovering is not confidence inspiring either.

Sorry for rant... Get a safer spot or stick with micro's there on the parking lot.
We went there early in the morning and was empty....We will not fly the 500X there anymore because people see it and they start coming out of no where. That's the last time we flew there! Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:16 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Boolis: This seems to happen often to me in the past as well. I go to a wide open park with nobody around, And they just seem to come out of the woodwork. I dont mind if they stand around and watch from a distance, It's all the never ending same ol same ol questions that get on my nerves. I.E how high does it fly ? how much did that cost ? does it have a camera on it ? can i try and fly it for a few a minuets ? ...( long story short i just go out to open desert to avoid em )
P.s your flying style is great. Do what makes you happy and succsefull. Were not out for ribbons here.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Boolis: This seems to happen often to me in the past as well. I go to a wide open park with nobody around, And they just seem to come out of the woodwork. I dont mind if they stand around and watch from a distance, It's all the never ending same ol same ol questions that get on my nerves. I.E how high does it fly ? how much did that cost ? does it have a camera on it ? can i try and fly it for a few a minuets ? ...( long story short i just go out to open desert to avoid em )
P.s your flying style is great. Do what makes you happy and succsefull. Were not out for ribbons here.
SPOT ON!!! Exactly! Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolis View Post
Hi, Finally after a whole year of waiting for the Blade 500X I have it in my hands! I woke up at 5:00am this morning (I could't even sleep last night!) because of the thought I would finally have it today. Waited and waited for the shipping truck to come to my house and finally around 2:00pm the shipping guy arrived with a huge box! Well first thoughts of having it in my hands....Just beautiful looking heli! It's bigger than I thought it would be. Checked everything and all seem nice and tight. Charged the lipo and off I went to my flying field. I was so happy and nervous so nothing will go wrong.Was windy too. Powerd up and the 500X lifted in the air! O MY GOD! THE SOUND IS AWSOME! You can't here it in the video. The power this thing has is out of this world! Rock stable and so smooth. Very responsive at the controls. I put stock settings on my DX6 and put in 25% expo as Brian James. Its was perfect! I am very happy so far with my 500X. You can see in the video I was easy on it so I can get the feel of it.I had no vibrations and no tail wag. It's perfectly balanced. I LOVE IT!! So here are some pictures and 2 videos...Unboxing video and a video of the true maiden and first flight of my 500X from today! I also did a second flight and pushed it harder but I did not get it on video.I am so happy that the 500X is finally in my house.I just can't believe it! Happy Flying! Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/_xeAYwkv2ig
http://youtu.be/Ii12XKg1GZA
Did you have to make any pitch adjustments or tighten anything prior to the maiden?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Feb 12, 2014, 02:37 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,183 Posts
So how does the Blade compare to the Trex 500pro DFC? The specs look very close. Obviously there is the difference that the Blade comes ready to fly, whereas the Trex needs to be assembled, but that aside how does their performance compare?
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer