HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2014, 07:54 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
4,024 Posts
weightless trimming tip

I've been trimming wings w/o alu tip weights by carefully peeling back and removing the plastic reinforcing piece at the rear wing root, adding a micro amount of UHU Por and moving the attachment point around 1mm outboard to tighten a looser, more slack wing. The Avitron will turn away from the slacker wing in a glide, as that wing has a steeper neg angle [T.E. up more] and the resultingly more fwd-tipped lift vector creates the glide yaw. Of course check that the wing is not TOO tight and that the steering function still works!

L
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:26 AM
Wildlife Artist / RC Designer
Joined Jul 2014
198 Posts
Hey there Lee-
I noticed the same thing about the difference the slightest extra wing slack makes. I've made my own swept back wings for one avitron, but I've been swapping wing pairs to fix balance issues for a while now on my factory wings for the other bird I fly. And I've often thought of doing what you've done, especially since I just broke one wing that was part of my last perfectly matching pair. :-(
But I'm not familiar - what is UHU Por??

- DaVinci's Brainchild
DaVinciBrainchld is offline Find More Posts by DaVinciBrainchld
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:09 PM
Palo Alto, California, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,080 Posts
UHU por is a glue for Styrofoam.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L9F...dir_mdp_mobile
mlbco is offline Find More Posts by mlbco