HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, NY, West Babylon
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Question
Venom NR3D / H22e

Hi All, I'd like to 1st say this is a great forum! Tons of information and the help from others is outstanding! That said I am new to this forum and still getting my feet wet with regards to flying / (crashing) heli's! I am currently interested in the Genius CP, but still saving a few $$. I did the Coax thing ...bored... have not done FP yet will try the HK FP100, price is right!
Anyway I bought the Night Ranger 3D ( which I believe is the Walkera H22E re- badged by Venom) about 4 years ago, crashed it few times, rebuilt it a few times, it now has upgraded cnc blade holders and cnc FB seesaw,cnc head block, still running Nmh batts. Shelved it for 2 years and now trying again. I can hover!YAY! ( after 7 blade sets) lol. and a little controlled side to side.Then crashed again. I think its just too much for me right now. Tail hold seems to suck and overall seems very twitchy, I have tuned it as docile as i could, but I'm afraid of a bad crash,I'm tired of fixing this one right now***see question
Do any of you think this heli is worth holding on to for when I finally master flying ( not even 3d)?
It has FM 72mhz TX non programmable, with decent sticks and trimpots (but no servo reversing)
Is it worth upgrading to lipo and maybe BL? Can I put a gyro in it & lose the 4 in 1 unit?
OR is it just a POS from the get go? I've read some Walkera weren't too good back then
I like its size but the 260mm blade size seems to be an odd-ball( I may be wrong)also, although xheli has them for 5 bucks.
What do you think I can sell it for as is? It still flys.

I know... a lot of questions.......Is this the right forum for these questions?
Thanks in advance
Confused Mike
cammauto is offline Find More Posts by cammauto
Last edited by cammauto; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Is this the right forum for this question?
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
Yeah, electric tails suck, but the heli's are cheap. Since you already own it, might as well crash that instead of a $600-1200 kit.

I suggest buying a sim. Once I bought a sim, I made a dramatic improvement in my flying. Before I got a sim, I would try something new, crash and start over. It was very frustrating.

With a sim, you can atleast practice, crash all you want on the virtual field and at no loss except what you invested in the sim. That investment pays for itself and quickly too.

Plus when you want to try something new or push the envelope, you can get the muscle memory from the sim before trying the real deal.

With all the money you save on parts, you can afford to buy that top line kit and radio without crashing it on flight one.

Yes, you probably would have got a better response sooner if this thread was placed in the mini or micro heli forum, but no harm.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
United States, NY, West Babylon
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Thanks, since the post I dropped $152.00 for the Genius CP w/ Devo 7, couldn't resist after reading all the hype about it. The sim is next on the list.
I guess I'll hold on to it and do a Lipo upgrade.
cammauto is offline Find More Posts by cammauto