HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:47 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Think I found the answer in the manual. Looks like GPS mode will not work as a bailout for 3d practice
Quote:
Note: Do not move any Tx joystick when switching the mode switch, and do not switch the mode switch while the helicopter is flying inverted.
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokclimr View Post
Does the naza-h have remote gain like the naza-m? I have the WK-H and it does not have remote gain and that's a major drawback for setting up and changing wind conditions.

Thanks
Brad
Not yet but I believe it is in the works. I know I would like to see it also.

John
FOX222 is offline Find More Posts by FOX222
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Nov 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
Think I found the answer in the manual. Looks like GPS mode will not work as a bailout for 3d practice
The best way to practice 3D is on the sim.

John
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX222 View Post
Hello Xrayted;23283674,
This is John Fox. Sorry for the delay it has been hectic the past couple of weeks.
The Naza-H will "park" the heli in the sky when the gps and altitude hold are activated. You do need to return your collective stick to center for altitude hold but you can fly around in GPS mode and I doubt you will lose control. It will limit the the tilt of the aircraft to what ever you program so it will not go past that and if you let go of the cyclic it will return to level and hold position.

john
Hello John, and thanks so much for the reply! I think I'm getting a handle on it from reading and asking questions here and there to others that have used the unit. I'm not worried about using it as a bailout when trying 3D, as I'm not a 3D flyer and don't want to be.

Can you switch into GPS atti mode with the heli moving or must you come to a compete stop and stable hover before doing this?

Thanks again for the help

Tony
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 25, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Nov 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Hello John, and thanks so much for the reply! I think I'm getting a handle on it from reading and asking questions here and there to others that have used the unit. I'm not worried about using it as a bailout when trying 3D, as I'm not a 3D flyer and don't want to be.

Can you switch into GPS atti mode with the heli moving or must you come to a compete stop and stable hover before doing this?

Thanks again for the help

Tony
Yes you can you can also fly around while in GPS mode. I had a friend fly my T Rex 450 with the Naza-H and he had never flown any helicopters whatsoever. He even brought it right back to where he started and landed it by himself.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX222 View Post
Yes you can you can also fly around while in GPS mode. I had a friend fly my T Rex 450 with the Naza-H and he had never flown any helicopters whatsoever. He even brought it right back to where he started and landed it by himself.
Great John! I will pick one up from Cliff and the gang, and try it out on my 500 EFL as a test platform before deciding if I want to use it on my Goblin or not.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,916 Posts
Santa came early and we are now shipping all NAZA H backorders.
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Jun 2009
41 Posts
Naza arrived

My naza h arrived from Cliff two days ago... Easy setup and great smooth flyer..

The naza m GPS does indeed work with the naza h which was excellent as I had a left over one from my multirotor stuff. Cliff was told it wouldn't work but believe me it does.

Te setup is really great with on going instructions during setup is so nice. After using wookong H, naza m and all the DJI stuff it was a piece of cake.

Real difference is naza doesn't do takeoff and landing, yet! You takeoff and go to hover then flip into atti or GPS.. Now after the experience I had with the Align APS flipping switches and crashing I can tell you I was nervous but it is a no sweat thing. no prolem. The stability was excellent using default setups (trex 700dfc) and the GPS hold is the best yet! No initial drift which is always the case with the WKH. I was flying here at the marina, living aboard right now and had no room for mistakes!

Only problem is I can't get the CC120 to arm going thru the naza.. It seems it won't transfer more than 100% servo info thru it to the castle, my 120 take about 117 % to arm (futaba) so it just won't!... But no worry I just went direct thru the rx and I use governor mode so it doesn't make a diff as the throttle is more a switch.

The naza locks the throttle at wherever it is and gets the hover pitch info at the moment you switch into atti or GPS. The pitch then just works with the altimeter and stick position to vary pitch to control the altitude relative to throttle stick position. To close throttle you have to go back to manual like if you have a problem! So using gov on the esc is a better deal anyway! I guess they departed from the Wookong h system so one didn't have to establish the hover point (mid stick) via testing then hookup the computer and tell the unit the centers. A concession for the 3D capabilities that the wookong doesn't allow.

Very pleased with this system not a hazard like Aligns APS. Will be buyin many more.
katarinaconnor is offline Find More Posts by katarinaconnor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Jun 2009
41 Posts
Nice vendor for naza h

Cliff at Atlanta hobby was great in ordering this and should have some left, I expect they will b short supply very quickly.. You couldn't find a better supplier by the way!
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Jun 2009
41 Posts
By the way every autopilot I have used APS, wookong h etc require that your off the sticks momentaily when switching to Atti or GPS or disaster .. DJI tells you in Red at least.