United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
G3 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Manula in .rar ????
Why is it a pdf symbol?
The Manual is found on the Product page under Downloads.
SDHeliPilot is offline Find More Posts by SDHeliPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
RobirdUSA.com
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Very nice! Congrats and best of luck with your new business!
Thanks Dr. M!!!!!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:57 PM
RobirdUSA.com
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
I think you should feature the product, along with any accessories, and their prices, front and center. Then ordering one would be turned into a single click, rather than a user needing to learn how to navigate to the product.
2Doggs - Thanks for your input. I'll see if the website program allows me to do that. For now there is only the 1 product but I'm looking at adding others along the way. I'll ony put up parts and components that I personally try first and am satisfied with their performance.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:02 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,118 Posts
Where to send for repair

One of my Robirds isn't working correctly, it's like the tail gain wire is disconected but swap in another Robird and it works fine.I tryed a different rx/ tx esc combo to make sure it wasn't something else.Anyone fix these things?I have found a use for it, I stick it to areas on the heli for vib log, it just needs power.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Or use it with Sat/S.bus? Tail gain wire is not needed there. Btw, where did you bought it from?
PhantomLeg is offline Find More Posts by PhantomLeg
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:17 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,118 Posts
I think that one came from Himodel back when they where $66 .Now that there at $99 I look else where for fbl gyro.I bought a Ikon when they where on sale.
Steve
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:20 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,916 Posts
I'll be interested to hear what you think of the iKon, Steve. Mine will be sitting under the tree, until Xmas day.

I was disappointed with the iKon's packaging. It's very similar to the ZYX, but the cardboard is so weak the gyro ended up floating around in the bottom of the box. When I took it out of the packaging, it clunked from one side of the box to the other.

Also the white glue on the case joint, either side of where the servos plug in, looks very tacky.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,118 Posts
I was going to put the Ikon in my new Warp but I think I'll pull the Robird off of one of my 450's so I can check vibs before going with something new to me.
I will let you know after I have tried it!
Steve
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
616 Posts
What RX setup do most of you use, Sat Rx or PWM?

Just wondering which way would be the best. I have a Spektrum AR6115e that I could use PWM. I would have to buy a SAT Rx.

I will be putting the Robird G31 on my 450 clone. It has the 6115 installed now with ZD-S0009M metal gear CCPM servos that came with the helicopter. (Hausler 450 SE V2). These servos are working very well and they are pretty robust. I have had a couple of boom strikes and they are still smooth and glitch free.

I bought an RJX head from Hobby King and assembled that last night. I had two plastic disks left over. 10.87mm diameter x .37mm thick with a 3.13mm hole in it. I watched the build video by sgbfly and I saw them in his parts but he never installed them. It was a brief glimpse.

I put KBDD orange dampers in the head for a little more stiffness. The KBDD dampers work great on my 500 which is stil FB. Do you think they will work OK?

Another question I have for ya'll: Do I need to replace the swash plate or can I continue to use the one that came with the heli? If the suggestion is to replace it what should I look for? (that morphed into 2 questions, )

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:38 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
I was going to put the Ikon in my new Warp but I think I'll pull the Robird off of one of my 450's so I can check vibs before going with something new to me.
I will let you know after I have tried it!
Steve
Thanks. A comparison to the the robird, on the same heli, will be very interesting.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:58 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,916 Posts
Steve, I've started a thread for the MSH Brain and the rebaged versions here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post23440969

I thought it would be good to keep all of the information and tips about this gyro in one place.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:12 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Firestarter....

You are the official RCG FBL thread starter!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:55 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,916 Posts
Thanks. Do I get a badge or maybe a cap to go with the title.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:24 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
Dprk!

Dunno about that but maybe you'll be kidnapped by the North Koreans to work on their drone program.... then you would get the full cap and badge!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:08 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,118 Posts
Perfect timing to get the Ikon setup with the master fbl tech and thread all in one!!Sometime next week after I finish my Warp build I will install.The Warp is more like a mini 500 when it sits next to a 450.I thought the Warp quality would be better compared to my Beam e4.
Thanks Beenflying , I feel better that your in the same boat!
Steve