SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:05 AM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,910 Posts
lol thanks. but how long does ems usually take? ive never puchased a arf from hk before. just batteries etc. and thats taken under 10 days. is it the same for arf's?
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:12 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I don't really remember ... I somehow remember of over 30amp.

My timer is set to around 4min ... and this consume more then 2400mAh ...so ... this means I consume over 30A at full power with full capacity in the battery.

Maybe in some old post I already written my number ... or other did report their current and voltage

I have no charge battery now ... so not going to test my T-45 now ... but maybe later.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Already the little T-45 50mm consume 18Amp at full power ... so ... your number sound suspicious ...

Today test fly my T45 for 3min 30sec using half to 3/4 throttle most of the time. I put back about780mah to the battery after charging it back. So I am quite confident about my measurement. Regards.
perfect1 is offline Find More Posts by perfect1
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect1 View Post
Today test fly my T45 for 3min 30sec using half to 3/4 throttle most of the time. I put back about780mah to the battery after charging it back. So I am quite confident about my measurement. Regards.
Maybe you are 3000 meter above the see level ... in this case your EDF will sucks less AMPs

Ok ... I had a half charged 3S 1600mAh 15C battery around .. so I made a little test.

Amps = 38A
Volt ~ 10V

With a fully charged and the good 2800mAh 30C ... I'm sure it will sucks more then 40Amps

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:35 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Maybe you are 3000 meter above the see level ... in this case your EDF will sucks less AMPs

Ok ... I had a half charged 3S 1600mAh 15C battery around .. so I made a little test.

Amps = 38A
Volt ~ 10V

With a fully charged and the good 2800mAh 30C ... I'm sure it will sucks more then 40Amps

Tchuss

e_lm_70
My location is Singapore. The highest spot is 164m above sea level. I think the only reason for the low amp draw is the stock motor. I think it is a low power motor.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:33 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,918 Posts
Quote:
My location is Singapore. The highest spot is 164m above sea level. I think the only reason for the low amp draw is the stock motor. I think it is a low power motor.
Stock motor is a 4300kv ... quite a powerful one

But maybe there are different type of stock motor

I guess with your mild power you have more challenges on take off and make acrobatics

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:37 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts

Sorry for my mistake again. The stock motor is 4800kv type. As for launching, my friend did it for me. They said the launching is quite easy. My last flight I ask a less experience friend of mine to do it for me and the plane stall and drop. He did it at a 45 degree. Lesson learn.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,918 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for my mistake again. The stock motor is 4800kv type. As for launching, my friend did it for me. They said the launching is quite easy. My last flight I ask a less experience friend of mine to do it for me and the plane stall and drop. He did it at a 45 degree. Lesson learn.
4800kv motor would be quite "hot" in 3S ... and you will have plenty of power ... and for sure much more then 18amp

You must have probably a 3500 or even a less KV motor ...

Or maybe you are using a 2S lipo

And underpower EDF it is not much fun .... I'm just surprised your sound like one ... since mine has really some good power by stock

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:59 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
Maybe you are right. The actual kv might be much lower than the one written on the label. Chinese product.... who will trust. I am using 3s. Regards.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:05 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,918 Posts
Quote:
Maybe you are right. The actual kv might be much lower than the one written on the label. Chinese product.... who will trust. I am using 3s. Regards.
There are some digital kv meter ... but who cares

If you are not happy with your t-45 power, just try to use 4s lipo, i guess you motor and esc will handle the extra power, since you have so little amps now

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:20 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
Got an alert this morning a shipment arrived at the US warehouse.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:44 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
There are some digital kv meter ... but who cares

If you are not happy with your t-45 power, just try to use 4s lipo, i guess you motor and esc will handle the extra power, since you have so little amps now

Tchuss

E_lm_70
I will try 4s in future if i feel bored with the current set up. Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined May 2010
1,862 Posts
I am going to place an order for t-45 pnp wish it came with a good esc,but that seems to be the only thing people don't like about this jet and has no rudder i hope it does'nt need one...I am waiting on retracts for my vampire kit to complete,so more then likely T-45 will be my first EDF i ever fly... I hope this is the best one to start with... using stock motor what size 4s batteries would give me 5-6 mins flight flying beginner slow speeds? Or being a newbee should i by a couple of 3s 2600 packs... and lastly Can i keep this plane up in air if i only fly ovals at 30-40 mph? thanks
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Last edited by hate2crash; Aug 21, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
For a newbee to EDF this is a great first jet. You made a good choice.

Doesn't need rudder.Keep it light for your first EDF. A 3S 2200 with stock motor will be enough for 5 min at conservative throttle. 2600 might get you a little longer flights but the weight goes up and so does the throttle etc etc. so the gain in flight time might be 15-30 sec but hardly worth the weight penalty.

If you set up dual aileron servos (mods posted a way back in this thread) and configure your radio for flaperons, this thing will fly at 15mph all day.

Have fun and post some video when you get it flying.
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined May 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbrander View Post
For a newbee to EDF this is a great first jet. You made a good choice.

Doesn't need rudder.Keep it light for your first EDF. A 3S 2200 with stock motor will be enough for 5 min at conservative throttle. 2600 might get you a little longer flights but the weight goes up and so does the throttle etc etc. so the gain in flight time might be 15-30 sec but hardly worth the weight penalty.

If you set up dual aileron servos (mods posted a way back in this thread) and configure your radio for flaperons, this thing will fly at 15mph all day.

Have fun and post some video when you get it flying.
Thax for your tips...If i use stock servo setup will it still fly slow enough for me to get used to it first...i am new and have no experience with flaperons or any mixing...i have flysky 9x so i do have that option once i figure it all out...what about throws on elevatore and ailerons? should i use expo at 50% or is this jet not so touchy... thanks
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:57 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,918 Posts
I'm not using any landing gears on the T-45 64mm ... and I like the 2800 3S LiPo on it ... my full throttle timer on my TX is set at 3m40sec ... I like to be conservative ... since I like the idea to don't abuse over the LiPo battery ... but in reality 4m at full throttle is possible ... that means with some gliding you can easily manage over 6min of flight time

I would also suggest to go for dual aileron servo, and make a sort of flapperon mixing ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70