HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:47 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rlew View Post
Hey Wayne, the places we use to fly with Hobie are all gone, strands in Dana Point turned into a big housing project that has failed but they flattened the hill and Salt Creek which is now the site of the falling off the cliff Ritz Carlton both places were never legal to fly at and constantly had to hack up the fence to crawl through just to fly, the police would show up every now and then and tell us to leave but that was it.

check out this Hobie Hawk commercial he's flying at Salt Creek
http://youtu.be/s2gaeTxieFc
Wow, that brings back memories. I was a kid when my father and his friends flew gliders above San Clemente and remember Hobie coming out with his HH. I don't remeber who started flying the gliders first back then but I sort of seems Hobie came out to fly later. I could be wrong though. I had a HH handed down to me at one time decades ago and I never flew it. It was one of Bruce Browns planes and I think I may have sold it at a garage sale. My father said it was a heavy plane and didn't fly all that well but that was his opinion at the time. It's neat to see there is still interest in it after all these years.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:54 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rlew View Post
She looks great. I brought her down to daves beach last weekend to show her off and everyone was impressed with your job of restoring this Hobie. Now to put gear in it and fly fly fly...
That's great! I can't wait to fly them together- Old school again? Is it gonna happen???
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:01 PM
"revived" Deadbeat II
San Clemente
Joined Mar 2009
242 Posts
Ya Dave well throw it together
av8rlew is offline Find More Posts by av8rlew