HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
97 Posts
Discussion
Starts of an AS355 Build

I've been working on modeling an AS355 in CAD for the last couple of days, with the ultimate goal of building a fuselage plug to mold a fuse for my Blade 400.

Here's some screenshots of the progress so far. I need to work on the vertical stabilzers shape, right now its modeled as a flat piece with no contour.
SRWitt is offline Find More Posts by SRWitt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Jan 2011
97 Posts
Glass added into the windows and rendered.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:46 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,425 Posts
Looks good so far. Make sure that you have enough room in the tail of that fuse to take the boom complete, less braces, with the ability to put the tail rotor shaft at least part way up the rear gearbox covering. Don't get the tail so small in the quest to keep it scale, that you can't get the mechanics inside it. Most 450 size fuses are oversized in the tail boom for that very reason and there is little chance on being able to change that in the near future. Also keep in mind the control rods for the tail pitch but those could be changed to Sullivan Goldenrods or plastic sleaves glued to the boom and the existing rod bent to bring it right up against the boom so that there is minimal increase in body boom diameter needed. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:42 PM
Joined Jan 2011
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Looks good so far. Make sure that you have enough room in the tail of that fuse to take the boom complete, less braces, with the ability to put the tail rotor shaft at least part way up the rear gearbox covering. Don't get the tail so small in the quest to keep it scale, that you can't get the mechanics inside it. Most 450 size fuses are oversized in the tail boom for that very reason and there is little chance on being able to change that in the near future. Also keep in mind the control rods for the tail pitch but those could be changed to Sullivan Goldenrods or plastic sleaves glued to the boom and the existing rod bent to bring it right up against the boom so that there is minimal increase in body boom diameter needed. Take care.

Don
I've been thinking of the issues with the tail. I've got an idea in mind, but don't want to get to ambitious yet, Once I've got a rough model of my mechanics made I'll make the final decesions on the tail. Belt drives are easy enough to manipulate and I've got a nice carbon fiber sheet I made at work a couple years ago to play with.