SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2014, 04:19 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,117 Posts
those motors on 3s and 8" is underpowered, you could throw that on 4S and get the same power as you would on 10" 3s

check this video out

Sunnysky x2212 980kv prop testing - 3S / 4S (2 min 39 sec)
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2014, 04:53 PM
United States, WI, Franklin
Joined Jan 2014
24 Posts
I have had nothing but problems whenever I tried 10" props. Sometimes it just starts dropping altitude or going up really quick without my input. I don't know why...but 10" props have been a nightmare for me.

Plus my FPV gear does not work with 4s lips. I will occasionally use 4s but I found it is not that much faster.

I think I will try the acceleration test to see how fast I can get up with 4s lipo and 8" props. I am happy with 20 feet/sec acceleration though.
edsvfr800 is offline Find More Posts by edsvfr800
Old Aug 27, 2014, 05:07 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,117 Posts
i use a 12a voltage regulator with my 4S setups
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
237 Posts
A little morning flight with the Flip. Still need to learn more about the PIDs to soften the landings up a little and did notice a little wiggle from the antennas on a hard punch out, but overall its flying great. On the Lumenier 4s-4200's permanently now and love these batteries. Plenty fast enough for me. Off to the LHS to pick up some servo lead crimping equipment to make a cable for the vtx and stuff today.

Flip FPV & Eagle Tree Vector FC (7 min 47 sec)
Tom T is offline Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Today, 03:37 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2013
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Well thanks I'm glad.

I've been working on some improvements to the frame so if anyone has any suggestions for things they would like to see incorporated into the next version, now is the time. Metric hardware is on the list.

tom at hoverthings
Wow the creator of the Flip himself quoted me haha. I can't wait for the new version! Wish I had any suggestion for you, but I can't think of any.
Made in Austria is offline Find More Posts by Made in Austria
Old Today, 07:30 PM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
237 Posts
Only thing I can think of is changing over to regular socket head 4-40 screws. I swapped all my button heads over to regular socket heads today. Theres literally no weight difference and the deeper socket just eliminates the issue of rounding a button head out.
Tom T is offline Find More Posts by Tom T