SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
bad vibrations on x-8

hey

I built an octo this summer it flew very well till i added a gimbal and a cannon t3i to it overall it was a bit flexy shouldn t have used 1/2 inch square alum tubing on it so i then decided to try x8 setup i used 3/4 alum tubing drilliumed and now my vibrations are off the charts on my ys x6 like 16 -36 tried to ballance motors ballanced props same props as my octo which had a vibration of around 3- 5 .i should mention that my x8 airframe is welded together in the middle its two arms lapjointed then welded i did this to save weight i only have 4 m3 bolts to hold the plates on I figured that i could save alot of weight by welding and min bolts with no tube clamps but now it vibrates like hell i put neoprene under the upper plate to help and i put neoprene strips with ds tape under my mc and the imu but it still shakes shakes shakes ahhhhh so do you guys think that dampers under the motor mounts are the way to go ? any sugestions would be appreciated

cheers
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
Deleted
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Last edited by Salocin; Nov 21, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:03 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey

I built an octo this summer it flew very well till i added a gimbal and a cannon t3i to it overall it was a bit flexy shouldn t have used 1/2 inch square alum tubing on it so i then decided to try x8 setup i used 3/4 alum tubing drilliumed and now my vibrations are off the charts on my ys x6 like 16 -36 tried to ballance motors ballanced props same props as my octo which had a vibration of around 3- 5 .i should mention that my x8 airframe is welded together in the middle its two arms lapjointed then welded i did this to save weight i only have 4 m3 bolts to hold the plates on I figured that i could save alot of weight by welding and min bolts with no tube clamps but now it vibrates like hell i put neoprene under the upper plate to help and i put neoprene strips with ds tape under my mc and the imu but it still shakes shakes shakes ahhhhh so do you guys think that dampers under the motor mounts are the way to go ? any sugestions would be appreciated

cheers
Gday, nice to see people attempting to create and strive towards a personal copter of their own and not buying from mainstream as others here ,how refreshing . My belief with a good balancing regime for your motors and props your problems should be non existent there are some good posts within rcg that you can learn how to balance motors and props if it does not correct your issues pm me and i can let you in on a few tips.
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
vibrating x 8

I have balanced my motors and props i did do them seperately do you think i should try them together? balance the bell with the prop screwed onto it i am using rctimer 5010-14 pancake motors with a bolt on carbon prop 15 x5.5
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Feb 2006
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank.T View Post
$111 They gonna look like DJI

Here is the datasheet, I gonna build one myself

//Frank
Have read somewhere that FY current sensor could be usable and have found one unused FY. It seems to use the same components but it has four wires instead of three. Does anyone know which ones should I use to work like the original YS one?
elossam is offline Find More Posts by elossam
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
ZeroUAV
Australia, SA, Tarcoola
Joined Jul 2012
84 Posts
about the wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
I have a router but I need to connect it point to point for outdoor situations. any help?

here's my present situation. I managed to access my wifi module once. but I immediately went on and try to connect it from android phone directly to the module for which I followed the instruction in the site. Changed the local Ip address and everything, to no success.

I was trying to go back to the 192.168.1.245 but I cant access it anymore. please help me. my phone is a galaxy ace... i think i messed it up by changing the local ip. anyway I can reset this?

hi , my friend .
take easy , we can solve it together .
frist , you need have a router . setup the router follow the manual of YS-X6 .
that , you said , the wifi ip have changed to 192.168.43.254. and can not go back to
the 192.168.1.254.
i think the led of wifi is blue . maybe you want to use the hotspot .

just change the router ip to 192.168.43.1 with your pc , then power on the wifi ,
you can ping 192.168.43.254 with your pc , and that have a reply , it mean the wifi and router connection successed. then you can use broswer put the ip 192.168.43.254, to change the wifi ip to 192.168.1.254.

any question ,pls let me know .
my skype number is : support.zerouav

peter
ise2012 is offline Find More Posts by ise2012
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:44 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
I have balanced my motors and props i did do them seperately do you think i should try them together? balance the bell with the prop screwed onto it i am using rctimer 5010-14 pancake motors with a bolt on carbon prop 15 x5.5
The only thing that can cause vibration is rotating mass if balance was correct vibration would not be present a stiff alloy frame would carry resonance to the flight controller but carbon fiber frames are just as capable to do the same , may I ask did you use the supplementary imu vibration damper ( sponge sandwich ) if so remove it as this would amplify the problem imu is already internally dampened.Oh and no balance motors and props separately if you ever have a mishap you need only balance the prop.
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by TNTJET; Nov 22, 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Feb 2006
725 Posts
dupe
elossam is offline Find More Posts by elossam
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
After I performed throttle calibration all motors do not start at the same time. Do I need to do one esc at a time (disconnecting the other 3?) or is there some other reason for the issue?
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Socratic, they may not start at the same time depending on jow level the craft is.
To test if calibration is successful, put it back into "Init setup".
That is the only time it send the the same signal to all motors.
Do not fly in this mode.

elossam,
Use , Black, Yellow White

Ground, +5v , Cur AD
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Socratic, they may not start at the same time depending on jow level the craft is.
To test if calibration is successful, put it back into "Init setup".
That is the only time it send the the same signal to all motors.
Do not fly in this mode.

elossam,
Use , Black, Yellow White

Ground, +5v , Cur AD
Just gave it a few more tries. It does go into setup but I am not getting any confirmation beeps after I power esc's back on and reduce throttle to zero. I thought I had it working but then one of the motors cut out at half throttle. Yes, I hear you. Don't think I am about to fly until I work this out.
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
If everything is calibrated correctly and fly's just fine in manual mode and allt mode but in gps mode I get tbe is it time to replace imu and gps sensors? Thanks
platinumhobbies is offline Find More Posts by platinumhobbies
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:10 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumhobbies View Post
If everything is calibrated correctly and fly's just fine in manual mode and allt mode but in gps mode I get tbe is it time to replace imu and gps sensors? Thanks
Just try to compensate the TBE by slightly pointing the compass to the appropriate direction, e.g. if TBE was occurring in clockwise direction, compensate it by slightly pointing the compass in counter clockwise direction.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
Just try to compensate the TBE by slightly pointing the compass to the appropriate direction, e.g. if TBE was occurring in clockwise direction, compensate it by slightly pointing the compass in counter clockwise direction.
Thanks will try it today and let you know.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic View Post
After I performed throttle calibration all motors do not start at the same time. Do I need to do one esc at a time (disconnecting the other 3?) or is there some other reason for the issue?

Do one esc and motor at a time and then retry. I never recommend to do all at the same time.