HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:38 AM
Joined Apr 2010
70 Posts
Idea
Looks Cool

Looks Cool.... But will it fly??? Anyone care to comment on this contraption? Built from scraps and junk found around the shop. Foam Board and Mailing tubes and part of a styrofoam cooler. 370 Outrunner, 800 3 cell LiPo, V-Tail mix and set up as 4 chl.

Got any ideas to make it better?

Thanks - Tossitup
tossitup is offline Find More Posts by tossitup
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:42 AM
USA, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2009
812 Posts
Um, maybe the scratchbuilt forum would be able to help?
benski is offline Find More Posts by benski
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:22 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
It'll probably hover, but it definitely needs more wing area to be stable in the air
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,568 Posts
You're going to be fighting some serious torque roll with that. You don't really have any wing surface extending out past the prop. Maybe when it gets going it might stabilize. You definitely want to color code some of the surfaces to make it easier to determine orientation...
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:04 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
You're going to be fighting some serious torque roll with that. You don't really have any wing surface extending out past the prop. Maybe when it gets going it might stabilize. You definitely want to color code some of the surfaces to make it easier to determine orientation...
Ha, ha!
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:00 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,568 Posts
Well... does it fly?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 02:18 AM
Joined Apr 2010
70 Posts
Your kidding right?

Hell No it doesn't fly. The darn thing is dangerous! It came after me and about got me. Torque roll is the least of it's issues. Had a video running on a tripod thinking it would be fine. All you see is the blur of it and me running out of the frame. Maybe one a half seconds of vid. The thing's evil!

Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:02 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,568 Posts
LOL! Ok, that is funny! I had this mental picture of the kid from "Home Alone" screaming and running from his RC contraption..
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:10 PM
Joined Apr 2010
70 Posts
It was funny. I'm a Carolina Boy and we're not scared of much but really, the cuts on my hand are just healing now after two weeks.

You don't have to be crazy... but it helps!

Any one got any thoughts about two motors sharing the same motor mount and pointing in opposite directions with counter rotating props on each end? Kind of what you can buy now but on the cheep.