HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:08 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Help!
Removing Glued in Servo

I have currently purchased a used Reef Racer 2 with a brushless converion. I did not do the conversion myself so there is some work I dont like including the servo. The servo stopped working and I need to remove and replace it. I am new to RC boats and I don not know any ways to remove it. PLEASE HELP! Thanks
taylchad is offline Find More Posts by taylchad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:14 AM
Straight up is all I ask
Fairfield Ct USA
Joined Apr 2002
2,323 Posts
Sometimes I will pick at the glue and try to work the servo loose . Or you could just tear it out seeing that it is junk anyway .
jmolwitz is offline Find More Posts by jmolwitz
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:22 AM
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
glued in servo

have you considered unscrewing the four top screws, and yanking out the guts, leaving the bottom of the servo box still embedded. Buy the same model servo, yank the top and guts and put them into the old servo bottom. They're the same servo, the parts should be the same. Assuming of course you can find a new duplicate matching servo. I hope the servo is a name brand

Craig
sorcerercraig is offline Find More Posts by sorcerercraig