HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:39 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
Your C130 is 84" and mine is 160", size is not everything........ Your a master of foam and cool ideas.

Rock ON!!!!!!

DAG
"Master of foam and cool ideas" . . Damon you made my week Sir, thankyou!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by demondriver; Sep 14, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 03:51 PM
The Balsa Farmer
United States, AR, Sherwood
Joined Jul 2005
553 Posts
Been watching this with great interest - living 10 miles away from Little Rock Air Force Base (Home of The Herk) and knowing many aircrew both current and retired, I would love to build one of these for them to see. I see them everyday and on a clear night, you can hear the engine shop doing run-ups. It also my wife's fav plane - she loves the whale tail

Might even get some time the C-130J sims out there during the Christmas holiday slowdown.

Hope if this kit comes out, you and SilverFox might be able to design and kit the C-7 Caribou. The C-7 has a special place in my heart as it was what my father flew in Nam and for a few years afterward before he retired. Should be a little easier with its flat sides and round engines lol.
bassfisher is offline Find More Posts by bassfisher
Old Nov 19, 2014, 04:06 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
Been watching this with great interest - living 10 miles away from Little Rock Air Force Base (Home of The Herk) and knowing many aircrew both current and retired, I would love to build one of these for them to see. I see them everyday and on a clear night, you can hear the engine shop doing run-ups. It also my wife's fav plane - she loves the whale tail

Might even get some time the C-130J sims out there during the Christmas holiday slowdown.

Hope if this kit comes out, you and SilverFox might be able to design and kit the C-7 Caribou. The C-7 has a special place in my heart as it was what my father flew in Nam and for a few years afterward before he retired. Should be a little easier with its flat sides and round engines lol.
Very cool Stuff BassF, The Herck is one of those few aircraft that will be flying 100+ years after her 1st flight.

I'm a very foolish man because I insisted that Silverfox and I make the prototype Herck from Heavy Blue insulation foam, and Now I'm using WAAAY lighter Styrofoam which is 50% lighter, I haven't talked to Andy in a while because I'm so embarrassed about that, The New Herck Kit will be Made from WAY lighter styrofoam.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2245546

The Herck CNC Kit is still GO!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2014, 04:19 PM
The Balsa Farmer
Joined Jul 2005
553 Posts
Dont be embarrassed. Hopefully you and Silverfox can fly the proptotype at SMALL next June in Little Rock. Either way of the materials, Im sure it will be a good flying plane.

If we didnt make mistakes, how would we improve things?

Look forward to a Bou in the near future

I do like your idea of sheeting instead of the FG
Old Nov 19, 2014, 04:23 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Joined Mar 2007
16,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher View Post
Dont be embarrassed. Hopefully you and Silverfox can fly the proptotype at SMALL next June in Little Rock. Either way of the materials, Im sure it will be a good flying plane.

If we didnt make mistakes, how would we improve things?

Look forward to a Bou in the near future

I do like your idea of sheeting instead of the FG
Trust me Sir when I screw Up I Go all the wayLOL

I will tell Andy about Your Caribou Idea.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2014, 04:27 PM
The Balsa Farmer
Joined Jul 2005
553 Posts
Ty my friend