SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
979 Posts
Question
MPA Board w/ 10XP and 1s pigtail?

Received my new 10XP and MPA board and loving it's capabilities with all of my 2s and 3s Batts. Question...I have a 3 x 1s pigtail charging leads that works in a 3s balance port charger...and also has a JST plug wired in...see photo.
Is it possible to plug the balance plug of the pigtail into the 3s balance portion of the MPA board and the JST lead into the main charging lead (off the Dean's T-Connector on MPA board) to properly charge the three 1s's???

abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SA F-18 50MM Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:07 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,246 Posts
Sure that will work. You will need to make an adapter from the Deans on the MPA to the red JST connector in the image. Note that charging 1s works better when charged in parallel.

When charging them serially as in the image below, you have to populate all three plugs. Also all 1s cells need to be close. The difference between the highest and lowest cells cannot be higher than 150mv or the charge will trigger safety charge mode, and reduce the current to 500ma.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:26 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Sure that will work. You will need to make an adapter from the Deans on the MPA to the red JST connector in the image. Note that charging 1s works better when charged in parallel.

When charging them serially as in the image below, you have to populate all three plugs. Also all 1s cells need to be close. The difference between the highest and lowest cells cannot be higher than 150mv or the charge will trigger safety charge mode, and reduce the current to 500ma.
Gregor99- Thanks so much for that! I had a few custom "Deans" adapters made up...to cover my JST and XT60 connectors. Understood on the series charging issue. Again, thanks and happy flying!!

Adam

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=5503082&stc=1
abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SA F-18 50MM Build