HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:25 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
the Z15 is being "told" by the Wookong-M that a change is about to happen, and the Z15 corrects it in "advance"
Superluminal Communication. Don't open up the WKM or you'll let the tachyons out.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Oct 2004
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
Superluminal Communication. Don't open up the WKM or you'll let the tachyons out.
What does your imaginary girlfriend say to all of this!?

G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
I haven't seen anyone specifically ask, but just FYI in case you were wanting to know...

I can confirm that the Zenmuse Z15n works just fine with the new Sony NEX-5R camera. No issues. Transferring pictures over Wi-Fi means I don't have to disconnect my camera from the Zenmuse. A great time-saver.
voidunknown is offline Find More Posts by voidunknown
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
will this work with the zen to transmit 1080p full HD LIVE :

http://www.teradek.com/pages/bolt

200gr (7 Oz) for the transmitter, then you also need a hdmi adapter (150gr also)
So we speak of maybe total of 300-400gr extra weight to the s800 zenmuse.

but then you will have crystal clear video FULL HD live !

I ask because I have been asked to do LIVE show on 2x 200" LCD screens on a outdoor happening next year.
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:03 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
300ft is transmitting distance assuming no interference I am sure. Is that enough for your outdoor happening? Not sure what you'll be doing but if it involves the general public in mass 300ft is danger close.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Zenmuse GCU has to have a "hand shake" from the WKM or Ace One IMU to function. Plus, you need a can bus port so a PMU is also needed if you wanted a stand alone functioning Z15.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Oct 2004
1,607 Posts
Hi there,

I have a quick question. Isn't it that the Z15 gimbal works in unison with the Wookong-M?! What I mean is, that any other gimbal only "reacts" to attitude changes, whereas the Z15 is being "told" by the Wookong-M that a change is about to happen, and the Z15 corrects it in "advance"... Not sure if I am explaining it right?!

thanks,

G
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Hi there,

I have a quick question. Isn't it that the Z15 gimbal works in unison with the Wookong-M?! What I mean is, that any other gimbal only "reacts" to attitude changes, whereas the Z15 is being "told" by the Wookong-M that a change is about to happen, and the Z15 corrects it in "advance"... Not sure if I am explaining it right?!

thanks,

G
I really don't know what information is being sent to the GCU from IMU. Kinda a mystery.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:24 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
The z15 also use the GPS compass for stabilisation.
If you remove the compass from the pole and turn it with out moving the craft the z15 moves to the compass direction.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
I really don't know what information is being sent to the GCU from IMU. Kinda a mystery.
Well, thanks for replying so fast. What I mean is that the IMU obviously controls the aircrafts attitude, right?! So instead of just sending a signal to the esc, telling it to increase or decrease power, so the aircraft is level, it also sends a signal to the Z15 telling it, that a change it attitude is about to happen, and the Z15 compensates for that?! Does that make any sense?!

thanks,

G

p.s. I just tried to call your business but I cannot find a number on your website?!
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
The z15 also use the GPS compass for stabilisation.
If you remove the compass from the pole and turn it with out moving the craft the z15 moves to the compass direction.
Right, but there has been videos of people using the Z15 without the Compass as a stand alone "hand held" type. I have no idea what is being sent.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Well, thanks for replying so fast. What I mean is that the IMU obviously controls the aircrafts attitude, right?! So instead of just sending a signal to the esc, telling it to increase or decrease power, so the aircraft is level, it also sends a signal to the Z15 telling it, that a change it attitude is about to happen, and the Z15 compensates for that?! Does that make any sense?!

thanks,

G

p.s. I just tried to call your business but I cannot find a number on your website?!
http://www.uavproducts.com/cms.php?id_cms=4
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Thanks, just left you a voice mail...

G
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,607 Posts
Well, it turns out DJI's website has all the answers I need:

"The separated controller equipped to gimbal is connected by the CAN wires with the main controller of DJI autopilot system. According to gimbal attitude feedback, it can control the rotation directions and angles high precisely and also communicate and get real-time control orders from the main controller of autopilot system."

Doesn't this say, that the gimbal "talks" to the main controller?! Not sure why my question had raised so much confusion?! Anyhow, isn't this the reason the Z15 is so much better, in the sense of stable, than other gimbals out there?!
Isn't it also that only the wookong-m support this feature and not the NAZA?!

thanks,

G
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Itīs more the the use of direct drive Maxon motors and the CUI Amt Encoder that makes
the Zen more precise than a servo driven gimbal. As for the connection between GCU and
IMU, well itīs some sort of CAN bus, all you need is a scope that can handle that and your
good to go to find out whatīs sent between them.
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam