HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:45 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edak View Post
woah woah woah woah..... only 2:30 flight time? daaaaaamn!

You make me wish I ordered 10+ batteries, I only ordered 4!
Yep ! One of the reason's that's putting me of getting one.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:17 AM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Are the included servos the below HK-5320 *digital* UM servos?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=17540
Yes these are the included servos that come with the plane, they work pretty well.
will3d4food is offline Find More Posts by will3d4food
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:28 AM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris.... View Post
Yep ! One of the reason's that's putting me of getting one.
I will give you guys my exact flight times for different flying styles for 3d and pattern in the next couple days, mind you I was being a little conservative.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:05 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,487 Posts
I just bought 2.

In the video I saw the hovering and figured it would be a good indoor flier. BUT I didn't see it punch out of the hover it actually slowly descends to the floor. Is is capable of punching out of a hover?
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3d4food View Post
I will give you guys my exact flight times for different flying styles for 3d and pattern in the next couple days, mind you I was being a little conservative.
will3d4food sorry to go off subject . I have your DSM2 Compatible 4Ch Micro RX and 4X 1.7g micro servos all binded to my DX6i all tested with a 2s 180 lipo a (i had to make a lipo pack with a molex plug. I HATE fiddly soldering )
i was not looking forward to making a molux y-adapter so i could have a 2 servo aileron set up on my Cox Warbird FW-190 .

You did say that you would be supplying us with molux plug 6amp ESC.
So can you please COMFIRM that the molux y-adapter will be available for us guys with poor soldering skills .

And will your 10g 2000kv Micro Brushless Outrunner be ok to use with the molux plug 6amp ESC-BEC ?

Keep up the good work with your micro DSM2 RXs and micro servos you have done a great job.

And PLEASE PLEASE try to keep it all PLUG AND PLAY (I love plug and play) but hate fiddly soldering

Can't wait to get my FW-190 in the air
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; Oct 23, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post
will3d4food sorry to go of subject . I have your DSM2 Compatible 4Ch Micro RX and 4X 1.7g micro servos all binded to my DX6i all tested with a 2s 180 lipo a (i had to make a lipo pack with a molex plug. I HATE fiddly soldering )
i was not looking looking forward to making a molux y-adapter so i could have a 2 servo aileron set up on my Cox Warbird FW-190 .

You did say that you would be supplying us with molux plug 6amp ESC.
So can you please COMFIRM that the molux y-adapter will be available for us guys with poor soldering skills .

And will your 10g 2000kv Micro Brushless Outrunner be ok to use with the molux plug 6amp ESC-BEC ?

Keep up the good work with your micro DSM2 RXs and micro servos you have done a great job.

And PLEASE PLEASE try to keep it all PLUG AND PLAY (I love plug and play) but hate fiddly soldering

Can't wait to get my FW-190 in the air
Yes the servos and ESC signal wire come with molux plugs to fit our R415 DSM2 Micro Rx, the ESC plug for the battery lead is for JST. Picture below.

Molux y-adapter will be on the site in the next couple weeks

Everything else message me your question again cause i didnt understand, with the URL or SKU of the motor.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:39 PM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined May 2002
941 Posts
Is this suitable for indoor flying? We have a single basketball court size gym, and Pz Sukhoi's are tolerable in it, but are lighter.
Wondering if this will be too fast/heavy?

D.
darkith is offline Find More Posts by darkith
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:44 PM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkith View Post
Is this suitable for indoor flying? We have a single basketball court size gym, and Pz Sukhoi's are tolerable in it, but are lighter.
Wondering if this will be too fast/heavy?

D.
Yeah you will need a bigger indoor area, In my opinion it flies a little slower then the UMX Beast. The Pz Sukhoi is 1S and this is 2S.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:47 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,487 Posts
The beginning of the video shows it hovering pretty well. Can it punch out of the hover or do you need to nose it over first?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Nov 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:57 PM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
661 Posts
REally nice looking planes. One of these days I'm gonna learn to do seperate aileron controls and try to do a roll. I don't know how people do it, I always use Rud-Aileron mixing. The left thumb is just too stupid to do more than one thing !
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotagen View Post
REally nice looking planes. One of these days I'm gonna learn to do seperate aileron controls and try to do a roll. I don't know how people do it, I always use Rud-Aileron mixing. The left thumb is just too stupid to do more than one thing !
What rudder-aileron mixing do you use??? I have never done that before. Does it work??
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:28 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotagen View Post
Pick up a heli. Even a coax has the rudder control in the same place. The effect is you will learn to use it and it does transfer to back to planes. Get a little one and have something to fly in the house during the winter.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2011
148 Posts
does anyone know if the batteries/charger connection for this plane are compatible with the beast/sbach/stryker etc connectors? or am I going to need some sort of charging adapter?
Aekero is offline Find More Posts by Aekero
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:56 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; Nov 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM.