HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
johnd
1 Stoplight town East of Lansing, MI
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
Hmm... scratchin' my head, not even pretending I'm on top of this, but you're saying the amps are constant?
jondon69 is offline Find More Posts by jondon69
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
To an extent yes. Think of it like a system of water pipes. You have a constant pressure of water in the system with a shut off valve at the end feeding the motor. The valve is either full open or full closed, no in between settings.

At wide open throttle the valve is open and flowing constant. If you wanted less water you would have to open and close the valve quickly to regulate the amount of water coming out. Even though you are opening and closing the valve and making less water come out the water that is coming out is still under the full pressure.

With an ESC it works in a similar way. When you push the throttle up part way the ESC provides power to the motor. It does this by cycling the power to the motor very quickly. The on off pulses are the full amount of amps that the motor is capable of drawing. You only see a lower number because what you are reading is the amount of amps drawn from the battery.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
To an extent yes. Think of it like a system of water pipes. You have a constant pressure of water in the system with a shut off valve at the end feeding the motor. The valve is either full open or full closed, no in between settings.

At wide open throttle the valve is open and flowing constant. If you wanted less water you would have to open and close the valve quickly to regulate the amount of water coming out. Even though you are opening and closing the valve and making less water come out the water that is coming out is still under the full pressure.

With an ESC it works in a similar way. When you push the throttle up part way the ESC provides power to the motor. It does this by cycling the power to the motor very quickly. The on off pulses are the full amount of amps that the motor is capable of drawing. You only see a lower number because what you are reading is the amount of amps drawn from the battery.

+1

well said Crucial
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:18 PM
Warbird Willie
United States, AZ, Sierra Vista
Joined Jul 2012
228 Posts
I'm still running the stock nose gear. I drilled, tapped, and replaced the set screws with larger, stronger screws and have had no more problems. Of course, a paved runway and better, finally, landings undoubtedly contributed to the success. 3 flights this morning, lots of touch and go's, had a blast. Enjoying the plane more and more every time I fly it.
jtalley10 is offline Find More Posts by jtalley10
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Hrmm... So after looking at your set ups for nose gear I see you have them differently than I do. You guys have coil up tight against the fuselage. On my the coil sits ~ 1 inch under it.

I am seeing the rod bend both above and below the coil. Do you think placement has anything to do with it?
btown2 is offline Find More Posts by btown2
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
Ecuador, Pichincha, Quito
Joined Aug 2002
545 Posts
Replacement windshield

Hello all,

last Sunday while flying my Sky Trainer over the forest the front windshield blew away and got lost God knows where. I have been looking for a replacement windshield but could not find this piece or a set of clear parts anywhere.

Is there such a replacement? If not, I would like ask someone on the forum who has a crashed Sky Trainer if he/she could sell that windshield to me. I am too cheap to buy a complete replacement fuselage only for the windshield.

Happy flying,

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
a320jockey is offline Find More Posts by a320jockey
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:37 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a320jockey View Post
Hello all,

last Sunday while flying my Sky Trainer over the forest the front windshield blew away and got lost God knows where. I have been looking for a replacement windshield but could not find this piece or a set of clear parts anywhere.

Is there such a replacement? If not, I would like ask someone on the forum who has a crashed Sky Trainer if he/she could sell that windshield to me. I am too cheap to buy a complete replacement fuselage only for the windshield.

Happy flying,

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
Carlos,

From one Carlos to another Carlos, do yourself a favor and contact Philip from PW-RC dot com.

http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php?manuf...ba76454d8054e4

Here is the Contract Form Filler!!!
http://www.pw-rc.com/contact_us.php?...ba76454d8054e4

Carlos Marin
Orlando, Florida US of A.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a320jockey View Post
Hello all,

Happy flying,

Carlos A. Cordova
QUITO - ECUADOR
Dear Carlos!

Yes, PW-RC does have the FUSE with all windows! Again, you may want to ask Philip if he has a Wind Screen Window laying around for you!!!

Here is the FUSE!
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...40db8f7ecf1818

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:50 PM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
171 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I lost my windshield a few flights back...just flew off for no reason. It landed in a plowed bean field but I was able to find it the next morning just by a weird glint of sunlight on the ground took me straight to it. Lucky! You have to buy a whole fuselage to get a windscreen otherwise and to make one would look funny and take a lot of effort.
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post, you can purchase the windows for the cessna from Apexmodel out of UK. http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/FS-MG107.html. I purchase five of these set to offset the shipping cost. I paid in total $!5.73 CDN including shipping.
donaldlo is offline Find More Posts by donaldlo
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Aug 2002
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Carlos,

From one Carlos to another Carlos, do yourself a favor and contact Philip from PW-RC dot com.

http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php?manuf...ba76454d8054e4

Here is the Contract Form Filler!!!
http://www.pw-rc.com/contact_us.php?...ba76454d8054e4

Carlos Marin
Orlando, Florida US of A.
Hi Carlos, many thanks for the reference. Will contact Phillip to see if he has one laying around.

Cheers,

"Tocayo"
UIO
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Aug 2002
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlo View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post, you can purchase the windows for the cessna from Apexmodel out of UK. http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/FS-MG107.html. I purchase five of these set to offset the shipping cost. I paid in total $!5.73 CDN including shipping.
Hi Don,

many thanks for the reference. Just to confirm, the item announced is only the windscreen or the complete windows set? There is no pic on the site.

Happy flying,

Carlos
UIO
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5 Posts
FMS Cessna windows picture

Hi Carlos,

I have attached a picture of the items that you will get in the window set; hope this help.

Donald
donaldlo is offline Find More Posts by donaldlo
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
large spinner model

I recently bought the FMS skytrainer it came with the twin blade propeller and the large nose spinner. I would like to remove the spinner but cannot figure out how to remove the large circular piece that is behind the propeller.

I want to upgrade the front nose wheel steering as I flew it for the first time today and already locked up the nose wheel and rudder servo. We were able to fly it using just the ailerons for turning.

Any advice on how to remove the large plate behind the propeller as I have to remove the Cowling to replace the nose gear with something more suitable and heavy-duty.

Thanks
jacob006a is offline Find More Posts by jacob006a
Last edited by jacob006a; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:04 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
What would you guys recommend for the control throws? currently I am using 100% and 65% of Full throw as my duals, but I would bet that my 65% is still even way too much.
btown2 is offline Find More Posts by btown2