SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:23 AM
Darien, Illinios
Joined Aug 2005
183 Posts
Stuka Starting to look Complete

The wheel pants are painted and the wing is is finished. I am waiting for the graphics to be printed by "NoseArt.com". Now for the final details to be added. I rough tested the CG and it seem to be almost dead -on. I won't know for sure until I get my balancing stand out and make sure.

Modelmaster2001
modelmaster2001 is offline Find More Posts by modelmaster2001
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 06:49 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelmaster2001 View Post
RogueTitan - Are you using some kind of CAD program for parts formation?

Modelmaster2001
No still doing it old skool
using tape measure and scale to get the lengths of the parts.
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Darien, Illinios
Joined Aug 2005
183 Posts
Stuka Ready For Graphics

I just finished fabricating and installing the Horizontal stab braces and the 30 cal. machine gun leading edge housings. The first Ju87 test plane was a "twin tailed" model which crashed due to tail failure in a dive in test flight. As a result, changes were made to beef up the change to a conventional tail configuration with the addition of bracing, (originally v-type) to withstand the g-forces upon dive bombing pull outs. If you look carefully at a Stuka you begin to notice the rather "heavy" look to the tail empennage which was no accident.
Now, I am still waiting for the graphics to be printed.

Modelmaster2001
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:03 PM
Darien, Illinios
Joined Aug 2005
183 Posts
Stuka Finished

Well, she is finally done. I will be taking my Stuka to our next club meeting a week from today. I will be waiting for the Spring flying season to begin so I can see if I can avoid a wingtip stall upon landing that Stukas are famous for. Hopefully, I can at least hit the field with the bomb and not look like a complete fool.
The graphics were printed by "BadBradGraphics". I am very pleased with Brad's work. The website is: Badbradgraphics.com

Modlemaster2001
Old Jan 02, 2014, 10:26 PM
Joined Feb 2010
111 Posts
main spar

were did you got the pattern to cut the main spar? does it shows on the plans?
thanks,
amilcar is offline Find More Posts by amilcar
Old Jan 03, 2014, 10:20 PM
Joined Feb 2010
111 Posts
royal stuka canopy

anyone knows where to get a canopy that is not from fiberglass specialty for the royal stuka kit ?
thanks,
amilcar is offline Find More Posts by amilcar
Old Jan 05, 2014, 04:25 PM
Isaiah 40:31
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2000
698 Posts
Almost 2 years old to the date! Any maiden news Modelmaster?
rc capo is offline Find More Posts by rc capo
Old Jan 08, 2014, 02:47 AM
Greg
Tas, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
429 Posts
Hi Amilcar,

I built one of these a few years back. It was a kit. I posted early on in this thread under "RC Saturn Flyer"

Attached is the plan for the wing.

Greg
gdh240 is offline Find More Posts by gdh240
Old Jan 21, 2014, 06:39 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Mar 2013
5 Posts
Model Master -- what is the latest with the Stuka? How is she doing?

I have one as well I picked up a few years ago that was mostly finished - but didn't have the power plant and servos installed. I have some time now and I am beginning to finish her.
RC_Cakes is offline Find More Posts by RC_Cakes
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:23 PM
Darien, Illinios
Joined Aug 2005
183 Posts
Stuka Build Update

I have been remiss checking in to "Builders". Sorry. Now, to answer questions about my Stuka. I used the pattern shown on the plans for the main spar. Setting the wing ribs is critical because they are essentially "floating" with no trailing edge mounting. I used blocks for each rib to maintain alignment and assure symmetrical matching between left and right wing.
I got the canopy from eBay. Someone was selling them at the time but I haven't seen them listed lately.
I was very tense flying this bird for the first time. However, after slight trimming she flew like a champ. With full flaps there is no tendency to balloon or dive. I did set the ailerons with three degrees of down in neutral to provide wing tip washout and It worked like a champ.
When I dropped the bomb the first time I missed the field a tad and never found it in the weeds just off the runway. So I built a second bomb with an impact activated buzzer. However, I never missed the field again.

Modelmaster2001
Last edited by modelmaster2001; Feb 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM.