SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
Discussion
will my fatshark BASE with Head Tracker cause UHF interference?

I just picked up a pair of fatshark base goggles with the wireless head tracker and I was wondering if the head tracker will cause interference with my Dragonlink system?
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 10:24 PM
Shenzhen, China
Joined May 2007
406 Posts
I haven't tested with DragonLink, but it works fine with ezUHF. The 433Mhz link in the headset isn't FHSS so the DL should just hop around it. The output power of the TX is less than 3dBm. You also don't need to use the antenna on the headset to link to the dongle for less than 3m range which will cut the power down to 0dBm (I recommend not using the antenna if not needed for best HT performance).
Fat Shark
fatshark is offline Find More Posts by fatshark
Old May 25, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2011
806 Posts
is there any way to disable the head tracker?
imdone is offline Find More Posts by imdone
Old May 25, 2012, 01:18 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,875 Posts
There is also a rx modual that can be removed so you use coax from video rx

I used mine for long time before removal and found no difference in video

There was one legit post saying he found UHF to effect fats hark goggles but I found them to be clean video with UHF

As with old range video googles needed ferites to get UHF lines or interference from video

So look for video quality ie interference from UHF effecting video,as well as your orrigional question concern
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22