SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2010, 05:19 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,454 Posts
Agree about the $3, I would still let them know. you never know what they will do for you, plus they need the feedback! They probably lurk around this thread anyway!
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2010, 05:43 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashArmstrong View Post
Are there any replacement wheels for the Parkzone Trojan T28D/T28? I just read a post that a guy replaced his with the "Hangar pro lite 2.25" wheels". The plane looks better for sure....he had pics.....these stock wheels are a little lacking. My T28D came out of the box in great condition EXCEPT they packed the foam wheels too tight and so 2 of 3 wheels had a flat side....not going to land with that!
Visited my full service hobby shop and they gave me the Super Cub LP wheels for replacements. Does anyone know of a Dubro replacement? Guys at the field said that the Dubro's were too wide. This is only a cosmetic thing of course. The T28D flys like a dream, and this will never stop me from flying it. Wife just gave me the Corsair for XMAS so that's flying as soon as it gets in the lower 50's again....probably next week. Please let me know of any wheels available to replace those stock ones...Thanks.

Had the same problem with mine. Tried to work them back into shape but it didn't really work. I bought some stock replacements at the LHS.
Belem is online now Find More Posts by Belem
Old Feb 05, 2010, 06:35 PM
Foamies are my homies!
Las Vegas, NV.
Joined May 2009
401 Posts
I finally got my new batteries (Turnigy 3s 2200mah 30c) and I just had to try them out before the forecasted rain came in. Holy crap what a difference. I can go straight up now easily. Everything is stock on my Trojan and the new batteries just woke it up for me. I can't wait to fly again.
Captain Ron is online now Find More Posts by Captain Ron
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:17 PM
I don't need no stink'n nitro!
Thompsons Stn, TN
Joined Nov 2008
136 Posts
Quote:
Are there any replacement wheels for the Parkzone Trojan T28D/T28? I just read a post that a guy replaced his with the "Hangar pro lite 2.25" wheels". The plane looks better for sure....he had pics.....these stock wheels are a little lacking. My T28D came out of the box in great condition EXCEPT they packed the foam wheels too tight and so 2 of 3 wheels had a flat side....not going to land with that!
Visited my full service hobby shop and they gave me the Super Cub LP wheels for replacements. Does anyone know of a Dubro replacement? Guys at the field said that the Dubro's were too wide. This is only a cosmetic thing of course. The T28D flys like a dream, and this will never stop me from flying it. Wife just gave me the Corsair for XMAS so that's flying as soon as it gets in the lower 50's again....probably next week. Please let me know of any wheels available to replace those stock ones...Thanks.
I replaced mine with a set of wheels for an E-Flite Alpha 450... Better quality, better looks, great fit. $9.00 for the set of three...
moonpock is offline Find More Posts by moonpock
Old Feb 05, 2010, 10:30 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Nah....got the problem solved for $3.....plus I got to look at FUTURE PLANES!
I dont have the time or patient to wait a week for wheels. I had to fly that plane THAT DAY! I've read a few forums where they came like that.
I guess Im going to order the Hanger 9 Pro Lite 2 1/4 and "wheel see".
If I have a problem spending $3, the I'm in the wrong sport.
Try putting the flat wheels in HOT water, they might expand back out!
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:13 AM
Florida
Joined Feb 2009
293 Posts
Hey guys I have a question. I crashed my Parkzone 109 (complete pile of crap) and I was thinking about putting all the electronics from that into a bare body trojan. Would the 3 blade prop with the low KV be O.K. in the trojan? Would it throw the COG off much? Sorry I don't really know much about this stuff just seeing if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.
jcs06h is offline Find More Posts by jcs06h
Old Feb 06, 2010, 01:54 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs06h View Post
Hey guys I have a question. I crashed my Parkzone 109 (complete pile of crap) and I was thinking about putting all the electronics from that into a bare body trojan. Would the 3 blade prop with the low KV be O.K. in the trojan? Would it throw the COG off much? Sorry I don't really know much about this stuff just seeing if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.

jcs06h,

are you saying that the BF 109 was a pile of crap plane or it is now a pile of crap after the crash?

The 15 size motor performs very well with a 12x12e prop but the 3 blade should do well on the Trojan

The Trojan is much easier to fly than the BF 109 with the elliptical wings and narrow landing gear but it is supposed to be a scale plane. They fly great out iof the box but are not a choice choice for a low wing trainertrainer
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Feb 06, 2010, 02:01 PM
Florida
Joined Feb 2009
293 Posts
Yea. The battery always slid around (I used velcro). It also snap rolled every time I pulled up on the elevator. The Corsair was much easier and more fun to fly. The 109 is certainly a piece of crap now. The wing actually folded when I pulled up hard into the wind and she came down from 150 feet. I guess I'll buy a replacement airframe for the trojan and put in all the electronics. Thanks for your help James!
jcs06h is offline Find More Posts by jcs06h
Old Feb 06, 2010, 02:12 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs06h View Post
Would it throw the COG off much? Sorry I don't really know much about this stuff just seeing if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.
Don't worry (to much) about the COG when building. Just make sure you check it and properly add weight to the tail or nose as needed afterward. Or move the battery fore or aft, etc. You can weigh the motors to get an idea of the difference and the amount of weight needed then go from there. If I had to add 3 oz to the tail(on a 2# plane), I might look at a smaller motor or just be prepared to add the lead.

Many simple ways to check the cog, sticks, pencils, dowels, etc. Even fingers will give you an idea that's probably close enough for a test flight.

Good Luck,
Rob
robj is online now Find More Posts by robj
Old Feb 06, 2010, 04:25 PM
Snellville
Joined Oct 2009
8 Posts
Thanks for the input about the wheels. This is a great website with alot of very experienced and friendly fellow flyers. I've only been in this sport for 4 months and I've learned so much valuable info from here. I am going to order those Alpha 450 ARF wheels....they look really nice! I have the T28D, so I might have to paint the mags grey, but that's easy.
Also, its funny, I went to dig up those "flat" wheels to put the in hot water (not that they weren't ALREADY in hot water due to being flat on arrival.....), and lo and behold, a miracle !!! The wheel fairy must have sneaked into my "damaged parts bag" and hit them with her wand! They are round again! I guess time allowed them to return to their original shape. Thanks again for everyones input.
CrashArmstrong is offline Find More Posts by CrashArmstrong
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:43 PM
Joined Apr 2008
54 Posts
Wheels

Every time I let my T-28 sit on the wheels they get a slight flat spot. She seems to roll OK. Bigger wheels would be an improvement. I haven't beefed up the nose wheel mechanism with plywood, but I aim to if I can find the suggested fix on this site. I still haven't tried my exterior flaps. Later, Ed
herniaboy70 is offline Find More Posts by herniaboy70
Old Feb 06, 2010, 08:59 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herniaboy70 View Post
Every time I let my T-28 sit on the wheels they get a slight flat spot. She seems to roll OK. Bigger wheels would be an improvement. I haven't beefed up the nose wheel mechanism with plywood, but I aim to if I can find the suggested fix on this site. I still haven't tried my exterior flaps. Later, Ed
I just epoxied a couple of 1" long popsicle sticks behind the steering mechanism. Still holding after a year. Best to do it before it breaks (I wish I had).

Toppers
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Feb 06, 2010, 09:13 PM
Joined Apr 2008
54 Posts
Steering Wheel

Thanks for the suggestion Toppers. it looks kind of tight in that area. Would one tongue depresser do the same thing. Did you put them in horizonal or vertical? Ed
herniaboy70 is offline Find More Posts by herniaboy70
Old Feb 06, 2010, 10:57 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herniaboy70 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Toppers. it looks kind of tight in that area. Would one tongue depresser do the same thing. Did you put them in horizonal or vertical? Ed
You have to make a bit of room.... they are in vertically from the bottom (top when upsidedown . one each side, behind where the steering arm is. Work a depressor to between the foam and the plastic firewall. Seems a bit destructive on something that isn't broken, but it's worth it. And once your re-built your plane(s) from foam pieces a few times, you'll understand that this is really not serious surgery at all.
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Feb 06, 2010, 11:23 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
I'm going for the T28 speed record tomorrow (wish me luck!) I have a Hyperion 3026-1400Kv I'm going to run on either a 3S or a 4S & 12x8 prop. I'll have a 100a ESC in it so I should be ok for short bursts, maybe 3-5 seconds.

I know it's way overkill. I also understand some of you don't understand why people like me would want to torture or T28 like this. That's ok I don't understand why you like putting around at 10 mph either. So as far as our differences lets just agree to disagree.

All I can say is I really enjoy it. I have a couple buddies that plan to soup up their's too. We are trying to hit 100mph. I have one that will do somewhere between 70-80mph already and it's a absolute blast. Some of you will think it's nuts to do, some will be interested. For those that are interested I'll do my best to get a video.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2