SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:41 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Lol! What time does Idol start? I guess the whole thing got taken out of context when I simply stated that braking on the tarmac w/o rolling off it could be done with a chute, if Damon couldn't figure out the mixes & I referenced mixing Ch. with approach. When approach got thrown in that's were everything got mixed up. Sorry for the misunderstandings, but I was mainly referring to braking on the tarmac. Let me know who gets eliminated!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:40 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post

So what size Gens Ace/ sky lipo you guys reccomending on this jet, im about ready to pull the trigger and i know the 4000mah 6 cell gens ace i have from the Eurofighter wont give long enough flights.
5000mah and up will give you the best flight times. 5300mah gens ace & 5000mah genisis are probably tops on the list.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
You could also post it to your blog
Quote:
post it in your blog maybe?
Thanks fella thats what I did.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
5000mah and up will give you the best flight times. 5300mah gens ace & 5000mah genisis are probably tops on the list.
must be a huge battery bay to fit those batteries, thanks for the heads up on what size to get.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Yes it is.

The 5300 gems ace fits snug. The flightmax zippy 5000mah is a lil taller so I have to snug up the Velcro straps a lil more.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:51 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,563 Posts
Battery tray dimensions

Quote:
must be a huge battery bay to fit those batteries, thanks for the heads up on what size to get.
Battery tray dimensions

Length 200mm x Width 58mm x Height at Front 75mm, Height at Rear 65mm

Center of the tray is 250mm forward of CG-155mm.

See also the Battery List with supporting Vids.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, IN, Newburgh
Joined Dec 2007
51 Posts
I use a ported bulkhead with a small O-ring on the other side holding the chute cord. Through this bulkhead I pass my chute detatch wire. The wire is a spring loaded V shaped release. As the wire is pulled back through the bulkhead, the V narrows, the O-ring gets drawn up against the bulkhead, the wire continues traveling through the bulkhead and strips the O-ring and chute assembly free of the V-wire as it narrows to conform to the aperatire in the bulkhead...works great at all speeds. Also has the fail-safe advantage of automatic chute jettison if this happens in flight..as the force will immediately or ultimately overcome the O-Ring/Spring-V capture point.
Bobaroo is offline Find More Posts by Bobaroo
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaroo View Post
I use a ported bulkhead with a small O-ring on the other side holding the chute cord. Through this bulkhead I pass my chute detatch wire. The wire is a spring loaded V shaped release. As the wire is pulled back through the bulkhead, the V narrows, the O-ring gets drawn up against the bulkhead, the wire continues traveling through the bulkhead and strips the O-ring and chute assembly free of the V-wire as it narrows to conform to the aperatire in the bulkhead...works great at all speeds. Also has the fail-safe advantage of automatic chute jettison if this happens in flight..as the force will immediately or ultimately overcome the O-Ring/Spring-V capture point.
great idea, I was looking for a way to ditch my chute incase of accidental deployment. I have it mixed on 2 channels that way I have to hit the airbrake behind the cockpit in order to deploy the chute. Not a failsafe, but does limit accidental deployment. Like your idea though, that's the great thing about these threads everyone has their methods of making things work. Mind posting some pics of your o-ring & v wire/setup?
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:53 PM
United States, IN, Newburgh
Joined Dec 2007
51 Posts
Love to.....Soon as I get back to the world.
Bobaroo is offline Find More Posts by Bobaroo
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Thanks, I'll keep reminding you every so often, just so u dont forget...lol!

Nice copter! I took a ride from a similar 1 actually might of been the same 1, but i was dangaling from it. That was my attempt at transmission tower dept., but I'm good at 30 ft off the ground on a pole, so I said im out.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Flanker #2 Has Arrived

Sooo, my new SU just arrived and it has gold motors, so is that good or bad?
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Where u get it from? gold motors are supposedly the 2300kv where as the purps are 2200kv
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Got it from Ol' Banana Hobby. So is it a newer version that ships with 2300kv motors?
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,775 Posts
Guess so, they were the only 1s shipping purp motors. Their site still shows 2200kv motors in the specs, so the must not have updated the site yet. But if this motors look like these

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2125

Then yup 2300kv
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
That would be the color. I'm sorry but do the 2300 kv motors generally equate to more or less power/thrust?