SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Oct 2004
600 Posts
We maidened # 5 and on about the third flight got into a boomer. I have the Skymelody set to report rate of climb every 20 seconds. She told me 70 meters several times. Soon we were at 800 meters and tried the emergency " I don't see it" proceedure. Worked great with full crow and either full up or full up with stick in a corner.

Regards Dean
DEAN GRADWELL is online now Find More Posts by DEAN GRADWELL
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:48 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,150 Posts
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
tkallev is offline Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined May 2006
604 Posts
Dean - Sorry I missed this, but it's "ORANGE" :
Wow sooooo kooolllll!
These guys don't know how this color looks up top - clear blue sky, or contrasting cums.
Welcome to the pumpkin club!!!! So I guess I need a white fuse heh just to differentiate.
jgs99v is offline Find More Posts by jgs99v
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Oct 2004
600 Posts
Jack,
After seeing yours I couldn't resist.
Added white to the wings so we can tell them apart. Pictures soon.

Regards Dean
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, CA, Granite Bay
Joined Mar 2004
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN GRADWELL View Post
We maidened # 5 and on about the third flight got into a boomer. I have the Skymelody set to report rate of climb every 20 seconds. She told me 70 meters several times. Soon we were at 800 meters and tried the emergency " I don't see it" proceedure. Worked great with full crow and either full up or full up with stick in a corner.

Regards Dean
Dean,

About how long did you wait in the "I dont see it" proceedure to apply crow and full up? also, what did the MXC do? With Super Supra we have experimented with full up (gradual full up, not all at once) and she goes into a series of loops degenerating into large stall whoop-de-doos, but never once entered a death spiral. We are a little nervous about applying full crow due to possible high airspeed in a loss of sight situation. The problem I've had is by the time I make the decision to enter full up elevator mode I've usually waited too long and have no idea what the airspeed might be.

Steve
TrekBiker is offline Find More Posts by TrekBiker
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Oct 2004
600 Posts
Steve,
Good point about entry speed. Not a true test as I could see it all the time. Wasn't going fast so all I proved that the glider is fairly benign with crow and stick back in any position.
In real life in past flights I didn't use crow but pulled the stick back doing loops as you did with SS.

Regards Dean