Just beautiful!
GhostStone is offline Find More Posts by GhostStone
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2015, 09:50 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,828 Posts
Damn that looks great. You guys with winter camo-ed planes are some brave. I'm too afraid to paint a winter camo. I'm certain I'll crash it.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:14 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
2,006 Posts
I'm curious how the batteries perform in the cold temps and if the flight times are shorter. If they're kept warm at least until connected, do they tend to sag afterward during flight?

ce
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:32 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
I'm curious how the batteries perform in the cold temps and if the flight times are shorter. If they're kept warm at least until connected, do they tend to sag afterward during flight?

ce
28 degrees and lower you can feel them get saggy, more so in a well vented fuse. I keep them on the dash with the sun or heater in the cab going to keep them prepped for flight. In the Hurri the packs tend to stay nice and toasty due to the confined quarters. Flight times are not effected unless it is to cold for me

I fly without a TX mitt so the real concern is when you can't feel your thumbs

My 3D planes which are built with cooling in mind show the most effect in the cold weather, when the punch outs get slow its to cold and time to head in.
pullup! is offline Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:06 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
2,006 Posts
Good review, I admire you guys in the higher latitudes. I fly as often as the Wx permits but the temps are not normally as much of a problem. Winds of course are always an issue but we've been fortunate and enjoyed some really descent temps and low winds recently.

Take care ~
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Mar 01, 2015, 01:27 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
Need to make my hurri whole again

Anyone have a pair of exhausts they are not using? I lost mine in a crash awhile back and it looks awful with them missing. Cant find any anywhere.

Michael
Rangie5169 is offline Find More Posts by Rangie5169
Old Mar 01, 2015, 06:33 PM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,734 Posts
Hi,

The Parkzone Spitfire exhaust stacks are still available from Horizon for $3.99, maybe you could substitute those? Or maybe exhausts from a different ARF?

Good luck!
mickydee is online now Find More Posts by mickydee