New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 AM
Find More Posts by DARC2013
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Drones & Aerial Robotics Conference (DARC) Oct. 11-13, New York

Anyone going to be in NYC in October? NYU Law's Engelberg Center on Innovation Law and Policy is putting on a conference on drones and aerial robotics (DARC) https://droneconference.org/

We'll have a lot of interesting people going from government, industry, and policy. DARC will be a three day event that which will open discussions about the larger cultural/political significance of drones.

Especially interesting for anyone who is curious about the legal consequences of using UAV’s for commercial photography, eg: Team Blacksheep, the guys who produce videos like this are going to be there to talk about how the FAA is trying to fine them $10,000. Curious to see what they’ll say?
DARC2013 is offline Find More Posts by DARC2013
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:47 AM
Find More Posts by robeast
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2012
77 Posts
Hi,
I am in New York currently and am very interested in going.

Rob
robeast is offline Find More Posts by robeast
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by Jengaleng
United States, PA, Norristown
Joined May 2012
640 Posts
is this event open to the public?
Jengaleng is offline Find More Posts by Jengaleng
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by DARC2013
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
The event is open to the public. If you want to register, visit https://droneconference.org/register. If you have additional questions about the event, you can email me at kristoff@droneconference.org
DARC2013 is offline Find More Posts by DARC2013
Old Jul 28, 2015, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by Don 2416n
San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
211 Posts
Well, there's something I don't understand. Some of you will think I'm a real turd for bringing this up. I'll bet it gets removed pretty quickly.
When you want to go look at a new car or used car, would you pay to have someone show it to you?
Would you pay to have someone show your a new home theatre system , computer or tablet in your local electronics store?
Would you pay to see a new home, condo, apartment?
Do you pay to have the LHS show you their new products?
Do you pay to see new products on the web?

So, why would someone pay to go to an event like this if all you are doing is looking at equipment that the vendors want to sell you?
Essentially, you are paying them to sell you something. Does that make sense?
I understand it costs money to rent a convention center or hall. But that should be left to the vendors trying to sell you their wares. Not other way around.
Even CES is free if you sign up early. I used to go to these shows and found most of them to be a waste of money. Usually there isn't a lot of deals to be found.
RCX for example is a joke. The AMA show is a little better than that.

Looking at the site for Interdrone it would appear they want you to pay 75.00 to 125.00 dollars just to walk in the doors so they can try to sell you something.
If your into the conference and discussions, that's a different story. Then you are looking at 545.00 to 695.00.
I won't berate that. It's not easy to get up in from of a crowd of people and talk for an hour.
Then answer questions you may not have answers for.

Am I really off base questioning this? Yes, I have the option to not attend. I will not be attending this one.
I'm really getting frustrated with these conventions trying to rake Us consumers over the coals.

I'm willing to pay up to 20.00 bucks to attend one of these. But this is rediculous.

What's your feeling?
Don 2416n is offline Find More Posts by Don 2416n
Last edited by Don 2416n; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:40 PM.