New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2015, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard
Professional Amateur
Joined Feb 2013
2,117 Posts
Okay, right on, i'll try to keep adding noseweight and see what happens. It's pretty close, and on
Sunday i might try to get a midnight run in at an empty parking lot that may almost be big enough to fly a circuit.

So far, what has been the most successful bixel you've seen? The fastest?

I really would like to try building the dry lake Bixeljet as a real speed machine, maybe a 6s setup with some big EDF's or just a couple of screamin' pylon racer type power systems and see if i can crack into triple digit speeds. I think fpv IGE at that kind of speed would be wild.
Rusty Mustard is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by captarmour
Joined Mar 2011
851 Posts
Any news?
captarmour is offline Find More Posts by captarmour
Old Today, 05:02 AM
Find More Posts by captarmour
Joined Mar 2011
851 Posts
Hello All, any news?

Things r quiet on my side no new builds.
captarmour is offline Find More Posts by captarmour
Old Today, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard
Professional Amateur
Joined Feb 2013
2,117 Posts
No, it's too difficult to get any testing done, i just don't have a big enough area to get it up to speed without going out to the dry lake, and i don't want to spend a day going out there with a craft that's untested.

I've been working on skirtless hovercraft lately, but even that is getting boring due to the lack of interest and ease of building craft. I built one that flew right off the board the other day, but it worked so well that there's not really much i can improve, it hovers at proper height solid, and runs fast and stable, which gives me nothing to fix and figure out, and i could care less about actually flying it, i'm only in the hobby for the design/building side of it. Once i know a craft works, it gets scraped for another build.

What i'm really looking for is design challenges, and there just are so few of them left it seems. I wish i was born a hundred years ago when there was still stuff like this left to figure out, Lippisch was fortunate to be born into a world where much was still to be discovered, modern aviation is boring in comparison.
Rusty Mustard is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard
Last edited by Rusty Mustard; Today at 12:03 PM.